User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 anniversary update and UWP

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You are incorrect Koji -- We are collecting reports and working on issues.
    So to say your left with no support is completely incorrect.
    Its just a little slow since people are gone in August doesn't mean we are not working on things when we can.

Microsoft is still working on UWP for xbox one.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows 10 anniversary update and UWP

Jeff wrong with that? I see many users who do not run their games at a decent FPS, including me. In another post you said that the programmer was on vacation. But what worries me most is when someone says that is not going well his game Clickteam's official response is that you do well with other games. My game is super optimized with high graphic load and runs to perfect in an iPhone 5 with 1 MB of RAM, now I can not understand in the UWP only get between 12-30 FPS. it is clear that something is wrong and I can not say it's my game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You may have to rework your game to get it to run better on UWP
    We have some very large/complex games running well on UWP but we have to learn what exactly slows down other games.

So I am sure if you redid parts of your game (when we figure this out) your game will work better.

For the first round we are going thru games Microsoft wants on Xbox one -- then we will go thru other games as time allows.
    Sorry you are upset Jon took a vacation -- After 4 months of 60 hour weeks he needed a long break.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I explain that more should I rework my game?

All textures are under the power of 2, all objects are crop, there is no abuse of loops, and it also works perfectly in iOS and Android running on devices range average are lower specifications than an Xbox One or UWP Windows that uses a computer.

Do so with all this said, explain as I rework it, become the game Pixel Art? If my conclusion is that the exporter does not work for a simple game 720p.

BTW, Yves has my game and told me in any POST that imagined that it could be happening but was going to wait for the programmer to come vacation.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I can not explain it because your game isn't one we have focused on since its not one that Microsoft wants.
    As time allows we will slip your game into the debugging stream to see whats going on -- but this can't start until Jon is back from Vacation.

You just need to wait on this game for now -- Perhaps you can try some other games under the UWP to see how they work.
    Maybe make a new game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try with my game Umi Force Unlimited, a game very small that weighs 50 MB and also goes to less FPS that in their versions of iOS and Android.

Indeed I have not any contact with Microsoft until these performance issues are resolved.

Hope that the programmer returns from holiday and may review the UWP Exporter.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quadle is running at a decent frame rate on a Surface Pro 3. Only ever chokes when I run alot of particles with ink effects, and only if there is other stuff running also on tablet. Currently using the 286.6 build of UWP. (Steam release) What are you testing on if I may ask guys. I am testing Quadle on the Surface Pro 3 and Xbox One. Both run well, I have a list object issue that needs correcting so far but that is it.

Jon kicked butt to get it to market in Microsoft's time table. And we will continue to update and grow the exporter as we move forward.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Chris,

It is good to know that it will continue the development and I can be patient if that is the direction they are taking.

What bothers me is that they ignore the opinions and tell me that I should optimize my game, find me unprofessional comment. I am also comparing performance with 3 exporters of Clickteam, iOS, Android and Windows EXE.

Do not you think that if a game runs perfectly in these exporters obviously there is a problem of the performance on UWP Exporter?

It is easier to tell, we are working on improving the performance that put a user experienced the problem are your games.

I am also not the only one who reported it, they are multiple users.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well in the case of Quadle I am bring to bear all 16 years of meager experience with Fusion to make sure from design start that it was cross platform friendly. UWP is more like HTML5 then it is iOS. With a short four month period requested by our friends at Microsoft, we where only able to get about three "Full" games as test titles to run with. All three fairly different in code and assets used. In the end at version 1 release of UWP all three ran well. Now as you know Fusion is it's own language of sorts and what you put in it does matter. As we move forward the UWP exporter will be exposed to more and more titles like yours. And as those exposures begin to generate bug box issues it will improve.

In my opinion it's hard for me to swallow the comparison you are pitching simply because Android and iOS have had multiple years of dedication with fixes and updates. UWP is less then three months old since launch. It will get there. But will take time. Hopefully not to long.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uyyy,

Thanks by the explanation, but not knew that the UWP was as the HTML5, I think that there is should communicate to take the decision correct before buy it.

Now if the improvement curve is quick no problem, but if it is very delayed we run against the life of the Xbox One serving 3 years on the market already in November 2016.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast