User Tag List

Thread: Screen won't scroll and follow active in my project...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screen won't scroll and follow active in my project...

I have the screen properly scrolling in another project file for a different game I'm working on, but in a newer file for a new concept I wanted to test the screen won't scroll no matter what I do. I know I'm using the correct event to center the screen on my active, and I know the frame size is larger than the virtual size/window, but I still can't get it to scroll and it's driving me nuts.

I've attached my file for anyone to take a look at. You will see 3 circles: One blue, one red, and one grey. Blue and red are meant to be the player characters, and grey will be a camera object that will be made invisible once I have the camera working properly. The camera object will remain between the two player character objects, and an event should have the screen centered on that object. After I have the camera scrolling properly I intend to make the virtual size increase as the two player characters move away from each other, to keep them within the frame, but I haven't made the events for this yet since it won't even scroll properly. In order to test you will need to plug in a controller of some kind or edit my movement events, as currently the arrow keys aren't setup to work properly for moving the player characters. You will also need to press 1 or 2 on starting the frame to enable the use of 1 or 2 controllers.

Any assistance/troubleshooting would be much appreciated!
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have set virtual width too small. Try setting it to the width of the frame instead.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Popcorn, that worked! I noticed I also had to make the height the same to scroll both vertically and horizontally... I'm a little confused though, is there a third size I'm not seeing that sets the full frame size? I had thought virtual height/width was the size of the window, but that doesn't seem to be the case... What determines the size of the visible area, and can that be altered?

Edit: Never mind, found the window size under application properties. Is there an event that can alter this during runtime?

Double edit: Found the window control object and window life extension. Going to mess around more, looks like I just need to do more research on my own after all.