User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Issue with horizontal collision with moving platform

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for the help schrodinger!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    FINALLY!!

Even after the destroy-create solution, and triple-checking my code, I still would get stuck in the platforms occasionally - especially on the vertical ones. But it all started working perfectly once I added a fastloop that nudges Spryke out of the platform repeatedly by a pixel until she's out (events 2411 & 2412 below). Man, these things took me a week! What a slog. Feels good to be able to move on.

Out of interest, have you found this technique to be more reliable than MoveSafely2? I use MoveSafely for these kinds of mid-loop fixes and was interested in how you felt about it by comparison to fastloops?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't tell you, because I'd never heard of MoveSafely2. I took a brief look at it now, and it seems pretty good. Seems to work similarly to the manual method I used, though probably in a somewhat more convenient way since it's custom-built for this purpose. Though it didn't seem uber-intuitive to me, as I couldn't really get my head around how you use it just looking at the help file, but it's late and I've had a few glasses of wine, and when it comes to looking at code I'm a dumdum even when sober, so whatever. It'd be interesting to see if there's much of a performance difference between the manual method and MoveSafely2, and if so, which is faster.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I couldn't tell you, because I'd never heard of MoveSafely2. I took a brief look at it now, and it seems pretty good. Seems to work similarly to the manual method I used, though probably in a somewhat more convenient way since it's custom-built for this purpose. Though it didn't seem uber-intuitive to me, as I couldn't really get my head around how you use it just looking at the help file, but it's late and I've had a few glasses of wine, and when it comes to looking at code I'm a dumdum even when sober, so whatever. It'd be interesting to see if there's much of a performance difference between the manual method and MoveSafely2, and if so, which is faster.
    Here's an example I did, taking DaveC's example and adding a pushout with MoveSafely: Kid Icarus Fusion remixx4.mfa

Unfortunately it breaks if you walk in to the wall, but it's perfect if you just stand on the platform and let the player push against it. I'm trying to work out how to make it work when you push against the wall but somehow ignoring the PMO velocity, but you can see how I set it up.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a working version of @Caesar 's version with pushout obstacles: PMO and moving platform example with pushout.mfa

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a fixed version that works with multiple platforms, and has been reduced to one pushout routine due to condensed direction test (this can be refined much further by changing flags to multiplying a move value by -1): Attachment 25737

It gets ugly if you get trapped under the wall on the y axis moving upwards, but it's still elegant enough to keep you on the platform. A head test collider could allow for a "crush sonic" function to kill you, but this isn't implemented in this example.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6