User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Active Objects Used As Buttons In Flash Apps Require Two "Clicks" In Windows 10

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it will updated, as the Flash Exporter is no longer supported. How time flies. I was a beta tester for the Flash Exporter.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, in that case, why was I asked to submit a bug report? I guess that means it goes for nothing. I just bought it last week, and it wasn't cheap. It doesn't say there that is has been discontinued (i.e., no longer supported)...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to argue with Ken1171. Why is it still for sale. Although with the Humble Bundle sale, it was close to being free. But he deserves his money back.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Ken1171, we are checking this bug
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @drnebula: I've got feedback from my bug report, and looks like the string object invisible text will be fixed in the next beta. Fernando tells us the button issue is now being investigated. Seems like Clickteam is still supporting the Flash Exporter after all. And BTW, the Flash Exporter is not included in the Humble Bundle, it has to be purchased separately.

In case the Flash Exporter does get discontinued, it would be nice if Fusion could just export the AS3 project files and let me add all the things that it doesn't support in Adobe Flash itself - as opposed to building the SWF. This way I could add any features I wanted without having to depend on the exporter.

@Fernando: Thank you for letting us know! I am new to Fusion and it's good to know I am not being abandoned a week after the purchase.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news. I did not realize that the Flash exporter was not included in the Humble bundle. Seems silly considering it is so "out of date." I've been told several times that Flash is essentially gone. But there is no other way to make apps that will run on the MAC and do not have to be installed on a server as with HTML 5. So I have been using the Flash exporter a lot. Good luck to you and your efforts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @drnebula: Personally, I don't believe Flash is "gone". Even Google tried to replace their services with HTML5 for a whole year, and in the end came to the conclusion it was impractical. They gave up on it. And now their PlayStore for Android uses plain Java (instead of HTML5/JS) to create their own apps. Ironically, some of their most famous games were created with Flash exported to APK, starting with Angry Birds. Based on Steve Jobs definition of why Flash s bad, we should also abandon Photoshop because it's even older then Flash, and therefore is "obsolete".

The bottom line is that Apple and Google need to end Flash to be able to convince people to only get web contents from their stores. Flash has dominated 80% of (free) web contents for decades, and Apple/Google cannot control it, so they need to destroy it. You will notice the only companies against Flash are the ones with app stores. This explains why Microsoft only started to boycott Flash when the Microsoft Store came up, and even came up with their own version of Flash - Silverlight. Not surprisingly, Silverlight failed miserably, and now Microsoft has embedded Flash Player in their new Windows 10 web browser (Edge). In a way it makes sense, since Microsoft supports open hardware platforms, while Apple and Google are more of the control-freak kind.

So don't be impressed by the anti-Flash hype. So far they want to kill Flash for corporate reasons, but couldn't come up with anything usable to replace it.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I just want to react to this: "it looks like the Flash exporter hasn't been updated in a long time." and this: "I don't think it will updated, as the Flash Exporter is no longer supported."

There are fixes for Flash in EVERY update of Fusion, just check the change logs:

Build 287

- "Every XX" condition was incorrectly triggered at restart of frame or jumping to the same frame.
    - Multiple Touch object: crash in gesture recognition if user gesture consists of a single point.
    - Incorrect initialization of layer coefficients

Build 286

- Physics engine: objects were shaking above a platform in some cases.
    - Physics Platform movement: new "Apply deceleration to jumping when input stops" option, when this option is selected the object will decelerate while jumping when the horizontal directions of the joystick are released.
    - Physics - Rope And Chain object: Crash in Collision With Object condition
    - Physics - Rope And Chain object: when an object was attached to a rope and then detroyed, links to this object weren't correctly removed from the internal list of the rope object.
    - Physics - Joint object: Joints weren't automatically removed when the Joint object is destroyed.
    - Problem in physics engine due to incorrect change in build 285.
    - Physics - Fan / Magnet / Treadmills: destroyed objects were not correctly removed from internal lists, causing potential issues.
    - Physics - Platform movement: fix to make it work like the Windows runtime.

Build 285

- A new "Do not reset frame duration after animation change" option has been added in the Active object's properties (Run options tab), as some applications have been affected by a previous fix that was done in the build 285.0 ("the current frame duration was not reset after animation changes causing the first frame of the next animation being played too quickly"). By default this option is not checked, i.e. the frame duration is reset, you have to check it if you want to keep the old behavior.
    - The Get object is now installed by the update patches (for info the latest version is Unicode and supports different character sets).
    - The "Destroy if too far from frame" option was ignored if "Inactivate if too far from window" was set to No, causing those objects being not destroyed when they were far from frame. This is fixed, however as this fix could cause issues in existing applications, a new option has been added to the Runtime properties of the application, to keep the previous behavior. This option is ON by default in existing applications and OFF in new applications.
    - Crash in Pick object from Fixed value when you pass random values.
    - Position errors after a Wrap action if the timer-based movements are enabled.
    - Advanded Direction object: bug in Compare Distance and Compare Direction conditions.
    - Build error on Turkish machines
    - Fix in layer scrolling.
    - Fix in effects for frame and layers.
    - Text conditions: crash in Is StrikeOut and Is Underline conditions.
    - The Delete Object action didn't work in some cases when called from a Last Object Deleted condition
    - Crash in Pick object from Fixed value when you pass random values.
    - The HTML file could be corrupted if the filename was too long
    - Easing object: fixes.
    - HiScore object: incorrect score alignment when the name is displayed first.
    - HiScore object: incorrect name alignment when the score is displayed first.
    - INI files not loaded anymore from embedded binary files
    - Lacewing: Villy fixed it, it now works with CF 2.5, the version in the extension manager has been updated.
    - Multiple Touch object: problem with New Touch On Object condition.
    - Physics objects: better precision in direction calculations.
    - Physics - Bouncing Ball movement: Set Deceleration had no effect
    - String Parser object: the delimiter was not added in Append & Prepend expressions.
    - String Parser object: bug in sort functions.
    - Sub-application: the index was incorrectly 0-based in set/get global value/string functions, unlike the Windows runtime.
    - Pinball movement: added Set Deceleration + fix in maximum speed.
    - 8-direction movement: did not respond correctly to joystick when non rotation was set in properties.

Build 284

- New "Running as Windows/Android/iOS/Html5/etc application" condition and "Runtime name" expression. Allows you to perform different actions on various platforms.
    - All the runtimes have been optimized, especially in global and alterable values and comparison functions, as well as the get/set loop index functions
    - Physics: the Apply Impulse function as been modified so that it depends on the mass and behaves the same in all the runtimes. Sorry in advance if this forces you to makes changes in your applications, but this change was necessary.
    - Multiple Touch object: "Touch N is active on object O" was selecting all the instances of object O instead of the touched object only.
    - "X chances out of Y" was false when X was greater than Y
    - Repeat Actions is not limited anymore
    - Restrict Actions wouldn't work anymore above 11 minutes
    - New "Generate HTML file" option. Unselect it if you don't want CF to modify your HTML file.
    - The angles were sometimes converted to integer values, resulting in poor precision.
    - The timer was not correctly reset at start of frame.
    - The frame rate was not correctly set for physics calculations.
    - The ObjectMover object was not included in this exporter.
    - Modified INI objects are now saved to disk only once per loop
    - Blend coefficient had not the same effect as on the other platforms
    - Fix in layer positions

etc.

It's true Flash is being dropped on more and more platforms, and for this reason we won't do major changes in this exporter, but we continue fixing bugs that are reported.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up, Yves! That's reassuring to hear, all things considered. My comment was based on the date of the current release, which I think was listed as 2009, or something like that. I was afraid I bought something that might be already decommissioned, so I am happy you have clarified it now. ^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2