User Tag List

Thread: Implementation of the game settings

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Implementation of the game settings

Good afternoon,
    I would like to ask your advice in the following question. I need an example of a high quality and proper implementation of the game settings (when such settings are in a separate frame), I am interested in the choice of language and turn on / off the music / sound most of all. Especially I`m interested in the saving of these settings through the .ini
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not 100% sure of what you are asking... In my game for mobile I have a small widget I made in the bottom right that I just drop into any frame i want the settings to be available. I guess just make sure your settings is easily accessible and user friendly. I store everything in an array but an .ini would work as well.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simplest way for things as music on/off is to have a global value setting.
    Example:
    If music off button is clicked -> set global value a to 1

in the begining of your game frame have a group that checks for option settings:
    If global value a is 1 -> mute sound (or whatever your action is).

For language.. It probably depends on what parts of the game you're translating. If it's menu buttons that are objects you would either have different animations or objects for each language. Then do a similar check as music and then change animation/show the right language object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For language selection simply use INI object to store and load all your dialogue.
    Then you can have value "language", start of frame check if it's:
    1 -> load "dialogue_english.ini"
    2 -> load "dialogue_spanish.ini"
    etc.

This way you only load a different file, keep the ini structure the same so it will load the same groups and items.
    Make sure to use unicode font and save your INI file without byte order mark so it saves and loads all the foreign characters correctly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank u guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simplest way for things as music on/off is to have a global value setting.
    Example:
    If music off button is clicked -> set global value a to 1

in the begining of your game frame have a group that checks for option settings:
    If global value a is 1 -> mute sound (or whatever your action is).

For language.. It probably depends on what parts of the game you're translating. If it's menu buttons that are objects you would either have different animations or objects for each language. Then do a similar check as music and then change animation/show the right language object.
    Good evening,
    I would like to ask your advice in the following question as I can`t understand one thing. Initially I set the global variable A = 1. Upon loading frame 1, we use А=1 accordingly. In frame 2 I set for variable A the meaning of 2 or 3, depending on the choice of the player, and return to frame 1. How is it possible to set a function OR properly if there are no changes upon А=1, or if the changes take place upon А=2 or А=3?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I understand what you're asking,.there will be no change to global value A as it's global and will stay that way until you change it. So,.if you're setting A to 1 in frame 1,.then you go to frame 2,.it will be 1 until you change it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for the self-promotion, but I've just released VACCiNE, which might help you. It simplifies keyboard and gamepad input, and was made partly with these sorts of menu screens in mind.

It gives you 4 Alterable Values (menuDown, menuUp, menuLeft, menuRight) that are automatically mapped to WASD, arrows, dpad, and both sticks. Also, it has a "stepping" mechanic that is useful for professional-feeling menus (it lets you scroll through items one at a time without needing to press the button/key repeatedly)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evi1ove View Post
    Good evening,
    I would like to ask your advice in the following question as I can`t understand one thing. Initially I set the global variable A = 1. Upon loading frame 1, we use А=1 accordingly. In frame 2 I set for variable A the meaning of 2 or 3, depending on the choice of the player, and return to frame 1. How is it possible to set a function OR properly if there are no changes upon А=1, or if the changes take place upon А=2 or А=3?
    I dont really understand what you asking sorry.

But if you're asking if Global Values change, then no. These are not Alterable Values that each object have. These are values that are for the entire application. Thus they only change if you activily change them, other than that they stay put.