User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: VACCiNE - a universal gamepad and debugger engine

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't coded that in explicitly because I figure that adding "only once when event loops" to those situations is enough (though it's possible there are situations I didn't forsee where it's not enough)

So, for your example, I would just do

-inputJump("VACinput") = 1
    +only once when event loops
    >make character jump

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't actually work for me because I also have flag conditions. So if any of the conditions change, then the entire set of conditions returns true. And since the "Input=1" is constant, the moment the flags change, the entire event is true again and it fires.

Example:

+ Flag 0 is OFF
    + inputJump = 1
    --Turn Flag 0 ON
    --Start jump code loop

+ FLAG 0 is ON
    + Jump landing has occurred
    --Turn Flag 0 OFF

The Flags are used to prevent the code from activating more than once.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what you mean by flag conditions. I've never used flags, though I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about, or something else. It sounds kinda strange though, whatever it is :-o

Either way, I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to make the customisations you're after within VACCiNE's code

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Download corrupted

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from the button at the bottom of this page? I just downloaded and ran it, and it was fine. If you retry downloading, does the problem still happen?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First I thought it could be a problem with Internet Download Manager, tried without it, same result.
    I don't think it has something to do with the browser, maybe it's something with Power Archiver, the program that I've used to extract, I'll try another one.

Edit: Universal Extractor worked. Thanks for the attention anyway!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just discovered that the Windows 10 Anniversary update broke VACCiNE. It's changed the max value that gets reported with RawZ from -996 to -995. This in turn makes VACCiNE report a fully depressed trigger as being 0.999 instead of 1. So if the game says "if right trigger = 1 then shoot bullet", that won't happen. It's a tiny rounding error with a massive impact.

I'm almost certain this is what SirEatAlot on the previous page was experiencing. We thought it must be his old gamepad, but it was probably actually his new OS I develop in Windows 7, so it took me until now to discover this.

I'll make a fix and update VACCiNE soon.

EDIT: Version 1.052 now available at the bottom of the Volnaiskra download page. Please report any further problems here. Thanks.

Changelog:
    -fixed bug where camera and menu controls didn't have a deadzone
    -corrected for right trigger not working correctly after Windows 10 Anniversary update

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I was excited to find the Xbox Controller object and make that work... but this is 1000x better! Nice work!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just downloaded it and I'm checking it out now. There's a lot going on so it'll probably take a while to completely understand.

I see that there are a bunch of empty layers. Are those actually doing anything, or can they be deleted?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The VACCiNE stuff needs to be on its own layer, with nothing else on that layer. The reason is so that the debugger can be toggled on/off by showing/hiding that layer (so it's important to not put your game's stuff on that layer, otherwise it'll also get toggled on/off).

It would have been annoying for the user if I'd put VACCiNE stuff on layer 1, and then forbade the user from putting anything else on layer 1. So to keep VACCiNE out of the way as much as possible, I put it on layer 11. Layers 1-10 are simply empty layers that enable layer 11 to exist. So yes, they're empty, and no they don't do anything. But best not delete any of them - instead, use them for your game.

Having said that, you can change what layer VACCiNE sits (layer 1, 2, 99, whatever). To do this, first move all VACCiNE objects to whatever layer you want. Then, change the alterable value whichLayer("VACdebugPanel") accordingly (it's set to 11 by default). This alterable value will then make sure that the correct layer gets turned on/off when you toggle the debugger.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast