User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: VACCiNE - a universal gamepad and debugger engine

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update v1.04

-Added mouse scrollwheel support in menus, with stepping
    -Now nullifies all inputs on start of frame to prevent inputs carrying over between frames and causing trouble
    -Now uses Control X object for all keyboard input (up to 10 times faster than default keyboard object)
    -Added alterable Value called "anythingPressed" that returns 1 if anything on keyboard, gamepad, or mouse is pressed (useful for "press any key to continue" scenarios)

I've also confirmed that the wireless Xbox One gamepad works with VACCiNE (my wireless adapter arrived today, so I could test it). On Windows 10, the default installation appears to suffer from the same driver issues as the wired xbox One gamepad (the trigger measurements are drastically different and conflict with normal xbox 360/One gamepad operation).

So, your game may quite possibly have problems with Wireless Xbox One gamepads if you don't use VACCINE. If you do use VACCiNE, you should be fine, because VACCiNE has a fix for this built in. VACCiNE doesn't touch the drivers, but it heuristically and near-instantly detects the incorrect trigger settings, and automatically corrects for them.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your work on this. I had no idea there was so much inconsistency and quirkiness with gamepads.

As stated in VACCiNE's comments, by default it is set up to only support a single controller. In the games I am work on I need to support up to eight gamepads for single-PC multiplayer so a multi-gamepad version of VACCiNE would be pretty useful.

I tested version 1.04 with a single Buffalo Classic USB Gamepad and it worked pretty well.

These are my results for the Bufallo (Gamepad RAW: Gamepad NEAT; USB,2-button 8-axis gamepad):
    * Start button -> 'Menu'
    * Select button -> 'Back'
    * D-Pad -> Left stick (strength 0 or 1000, 8 directions supported; when nothing is pressed on D-PAD it states left stick direction as -1, degrees as -1 and strength as 0)
    * Right stick always set to direction 3, 135 degrees, 1000 strength
    * A is 'Jump button' (despite being in the east) - listed as '1 (A)' in last button pressed
    * B is 'East button' (despite being in the south) - listed as '2 (B)' in last button pressed
    * X is 'West button' (despite being in the north) - listed as '3 (X )' in last button pressed
    * Y is 'North button' (despite being in the west) - listed as '4 (Y)' in last button pressed
    * L and R are Bump Left / Bump Right respectively - listed as 'LB' and 'RB' in last button pressed

Also noted:
    * It states "Hit ~ or LB to display the Debugger Panel" - please note that the GB keyboard has a ` key instead of a ~ key which is used for showing/hiding consoles and it doesn't do anything.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you please turn on the debugger with the gamepad LB, then hit your ' key and tell me what number appears in the "last key pressed" section?

I have a non-Buffalo SNES-clone gamepad on the way from Ebay. I'll be interested to compare its results to yours.

What is the exact name of the gamepad, as it appears at the top of the Gamepad Raw column? I'll need to make some changes so that it works correctly (remap the buttons, and also nullify that phantom right stick)

I think VACCiNE will still be quite useful for multi-gamepad games, but you'll definitely need to make some tweaks yourself. I haven't thought about it extensively because my game is single-player, but I suspect that it wouldn't be too complicated to make VACCiNE work for multiple gamepads. It certainly has no problem detecting multiple gamepads and switching between them (I've had four at once). I suppose there'd be two major things that would need to change. Firstly, everywhere where VACCiNE polls for the input of the "last active joystick", I guess you'd need to make it poll for 8 joysticks at once (perhaps iterating through the joysticks one by one in a fastloop). Secondly, it'd need a place to store the inputs for each joystick. I suppose you'd simply make clones of VACinput and VACinputUI (VACinput2, VACinputUI2, etc.) and then alter the code to always look in the appropriate set of objects. It sounds relatively straightforward, though a lot of actual work. So I probably won't have time to do this myself any time soon, unfortunately.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Current controller: "USB,2-axis 8-button gamepad"
    Backtick (`) last pressed key: 223
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update v1.05

-Added fastloop that can clear all inputs on demand
    -Made clearing of inputs at start of frame more thorough
    -Triggers no longer activate menuLeft and menuRight
    -VACfreezeFrameResume now uses regular keyboard object (ControlX object was working inconsistently while game was frozen)
    -Fixed console toggle not working on British keyboards*

*Can someone with a British keyboard please test for me? Thanks

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update v1.051

-Added green text that shows which of your custom tests is faster, and by how many %

Here are the results of a few in-game tests I did using this feature. The Control X object is insanely fast compared to the regular keyboard object. I was surprised to see that activating/deactivating groups was significantly faster than using fastloops. And I was also surprised that collisions and overlaps performed near-identically, since you always read that collisions are meant to be much faster.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow this seems really useful! Just started implementing xbox 360 gamepad support in my game and it was pretty simple, but if every gamepad works differently I can see how it quickly becomes a nightmare! Great work

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A question! The right trigger on my xbox 360 gamepad only seems to go from 0 to 999, while the left one goes all the way to 1000 (neat data). Is this intentional, or how it's supposed to work or is it just my old beat up controller?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you hit the right trigger hard enough? Perhaps you have a little salt cave under your right trigger with some nice stalagmites and stalactites .

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the raw values for your triggers?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast