User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Webview object on Android

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Problems with Webview object on Android

OK I have seen a few posts about issues with the Webview object on Android but none of them were this issue.
    I have upgraded to 286.6 of Fusion 2.5 Developer version. I am using 1.51a of the Webview object and have tried both API 23 and 24.

Here is a sample of the app...
    Mobile Video.mfa

The issues I am having are...
    1. At the end of the video a button appears that says next. It's a web form and it will not submit in an Android app.
    Works fine in chrome, this is the URL... http://dispatch.iwarecd.com/ceu/defa...ID=dU-vKAiPwgg

2. While the video plays buttons appear that will take you back 10 seconds, 20 seconds, etc, in the video. Those seem to work fine unless the app looses focus for any reason, (call comes in, screen is turned off, a different app is started, etc.) then they stop working all together when you go back to the app.

3. If the app looses focus you can no longer click on the video to restart it.

4. I have a button in the app that is set to reload the page via the Webview object but that does not work at any time.

5. At no time could I get location.href to work, which is why I created the form but that did not work either.

Can anyone verify these issues or tell me what I am doing wrong. I have tried it on 2 different devices. Thanks so much!

EDIT: I just tried the app on my LG G Pad and some of it works.
    1. I can loose focus or turn off the screen and the buttons that work still work.
    2. The video is also responsive after I loose focus.
    3. The reload button still does not work.
    4. The Next button still does not work.

The main device I am having issues with is an LG G3 phone the other is an old HTC phone.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    page is not available now
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Fernando, I got stressed out and shut down my computer. It's back up now. The video adjusts based on the browser width so if you reduce the width of the window you will not have to scroll up and down. Thanks for looking in to this for me.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I add the enable html5 inline action and is working here

and here is the mfa

==================================================
    sometimes t does not respond, let me check here
    Attached files Attached files
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I originally had that line in and removed it out of desperation. It did not change anything with it in our out on the LG G3. I will repack this version and try again then let you know. Thanks for looking at it!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    mm, I am checking here but the webview is running and receiving the input according DDMS also you may see as the scroll bar appears when you move it horizontally after you return from pause.

I will check tomorrow and let you know.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still has the same issues on the LG G3. I noticed the Build API was at 22 now with the target at 5.1.

On my LG G3 and My Asus MeMO Pad7 the reload button does not work, the next button does not work, and when I hit the home button on the device, then relaunch the app, the web interface stops responding all together.

On my LG Gpad the Reload button does not work, the next button does not work, but I can hit the home button then relaunch the app and the < 10 or < 20 buttons still work as long as I don't wait until the video is over. If I wait until the end of the video then the < 10 and < 20 don't work, my time is all NaN:NaN:NaN of NaN:NaN:NaN and I can not get one of the videos listed to play but I think that is because it launches in a new window.

I don't know what to do other than to just abandon the project if you can not duplicate the issue to trouble shoot it. The reload button is jacked on all my devices I have tried it on and all of them have some issues with the Webview object so I have no way to insure the program works on any type of device. Sorry Fernando!

EDIT: I tested the app on an Alcatel onetouch since my last post and have similar issues. The Reload button does not work, the Next button does not work but like the LG Gpad if I hit the home button then relaunch the app the < 10 and < 20 buttons work. I can even hit the home button on the device and relaunch the app and they still work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to let you know I just tried it on an LG L16C and had the same issues with the Reload button and the Next button not working.

Here is the APK I built from your version of the app. I would be interested in knowing if it worked on your device.
    Mobile Video.apk

I would try it on my HTC but I am afraid I may have been a bit rough with it and I can't get it to turn on. It's a very old device and the battery is a bit bloated and it will not charge back up.

Thanks again for looking in to this.
    The server should be back up by 9:00 CST at the latest.
    Have a great day!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    mm you are using a youtube api, but I don't see this will all work in android device, there is some action events that does not work correctly in android, can you check your code source to see if this true, check if the events are set correctly, webview object is working after pause see that can move the scrollbar.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tested this on 4 android devices using 6 different browsers and it worked just fine...
    LG G3 both Chrome and default browser
    LG GPad both Chrome and default browser
    Asus MeMO Pad7 Only has the default browser but it worked just fine.
    Alcatel onetouch worked on Chrome
    It has nothing to do with the YouTube API on an Android device.

Obviously I can not test the reload button that is in the app but every bit of functionality within the page works within the browsers on an Android device. The only time things don't work within the web page is when the page is loaded in to the Webview object. The next button, which does not work on any of the devices I tested, has nothing to do with the YouTube API. It's a form and I am not sure why that is not working.

Did you get a chance to test the app I uploaded on your device?

EDIT: I just checked on my LG G3 and when I hit the home button then come back to the app the Webview object will not scroll so on the LG G3 it's totally dead once it looses focus and you come back to it. This is the only device I have this issue with though. The other devices don't seem to have the lockup issue when focus is lost and you come back to it. I have only been able to test this one time as every other time the browser window resizes to the largest object on the page to remove the scroll bar on the LG G3.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast