User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Can someone with a 32 bit computer help me test my game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't the still picture in a Frame? If so,.why wouldn't my examples work? I never had to load data before playing a game, so I'm clueless to this. I figured if you have a frame with a still image and you're loading in the data, couldn't you have a loading bar or the examples I made? I'm sorry, but I don't understand why it wouldn't work like Perry said. Mine are the same concept.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see your also talking about a loading screen during switching frames..
    It is possible, but you have to take a different approach.
    you have to put an overlay in 2 frames with the same loading bar, and make it visible during switching frames.
    and use a global counter to make the progress bar to work. and then hide the overlays again, once it's done.
    it's a little but more work, but gives you the result i think that you are looking for.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that nothing can be animated while fusion is loading another frame. It appears to work like this :

1.you tell frame A to jump to frame B
    2. Code in frame A ceases to operate while frame B loads
    3. Frame B has a lot of stuff in it so it takes a long time to load
    4.once frame B is loaded, code in frame B starts to take effect.

You can put as many fancy loading bars into your code as you like, but they won't do anything when fusion is in #3 (which is where all the waiting takes place) , because it's stopped executing code from Frame A and hasn't yet started executing code from frame B. All you get is a frozen version of frame A in its most recent state.

At least that's been my experience

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about that. Never knew..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well,.I got the full version of the game. My lord talk about scary. Very well done droxon. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. I still have to figure out all it's game play. The only thing that is an issue is the load time. I wish it loaded faster, but other than that, it's a great game!! Awesome...!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok,.tested on my W10 machine that doesn't have that good of specs and it runs fine. No lag, no issues. Here's the specs.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I'm glad is working fine, it's good to know.

About the 32-bits support, well it's not happening... Unfortunately the game is crashing on most 32 bit computers so I don't want to risk it, so the game will remain for 64-bits computers only.

Thanks again to everybody who helped me test the game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you get the game to use 4gb?

I think 32bit support is a bit like windows xp support. Nice to have, but no one should expect it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are right at least I tried!

For the patch I used this: http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I'm confused about the "virtual memory" though. Are these extra 2GB of virtual memory different from the initial 2GB of (presumably physical) memory?

And have you experienced any drawbacks or complications by using this? (apart from losing 32bit support)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast