Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FNaF fan-game jumpscare animation not playing

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question FNaF fan-game jumpscare animation not playing

Hi, I'm curently doing a FNaF fan-game, but the jumpscare animation doesn't play

Events:

* Bonnie is overlapping jumpscare trigger; Srceen on(counter) = 0 |=> Set alterable value Z of Active (Office background active) to 1
    * Alterable value Z of Active = 1 |=> Room View play animation "Jumpscare"; Start animation
    * Room View's jumpscare animation is playing; Only one action when the event loops |=> Play sample "jumpscare sound"

The jumpscare animation just stuck at the first frame. i set the speed at 30, loop forever. The jumpscare sound plays at normal.

And by the way, I would ask what does +1 in Random(20) +1 means?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure without seeing the MFA. But a good way to debug it is add the action "end application" (find it in the "storyboard controls", which is the icon with the horse/chessboard) to the first line and then run it. If the game closes then you know that the event is triggering correctly. If so, then remove the "end application" from the first line, and put it in the second line, and run again....

This way you'll find out which of your 3 events is the problem one, and the problem will be easier to solve once you know that.

Random(20) will return a number between 0 and 20. In some situations, it's not desirable to have a 0, so people add a "+1" to the code to prevent that from happening. Random(20)+1 will simply return a random number between 0 and 20, and then add 1 to it. In other words, it'll produce a number between 1 and 21

EDIT: Actually, random(20) will return a number between 0 and 19

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried your method, the events triggered correctly, but it still stuck at the first frame of the animation
    Here is the MFA, it is located at the frame "gameplay", in the "Jumpscare" group: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...FdMSHBFWGhiRTg

The jumpscare trigger is the "you die" active; Room view is the "Active" active. Animatronic i'm having problem with: toy bonnie

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What frame is the issue in?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frame "gameplay". The jumpscare trigger is the "you die" active (layer3) ; Room view is the "Active" active(layer 1). Animatronic i'm having problem with: toy bonnie (the light blue active, layer 3). Thanks in advance

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll check it out a little later when I get home.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please help me solve this. Thán in advance

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure you gave us the right file?

I looked in the gameplay frame and couldn't find a "you die" object, or any references to "jumpscare" or "alterable value Z". And I can't run the MFA because the INI file is misisng.

Can you tell us the event number in question?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, wrong link :P (because in my cloud drive I store a lot). Here is the proper link. Hope you help me: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...GFPME5WYmdBNjg

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problems. Checking it now. By the way, how do you manage to find your way around your MFA with so many unnamed objects and Alterable Values?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast