User Tag List

Thread: All user permission to full control file il ProgramData?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All user permission to full control file il ProgramData?

I've been using the following in a .bat file which is run with Install Creator Pro with admin privileges:

cacls %1 /e /g Users:f

It's set for ProgramData\My Folder. The thing is, I don't think it's actually working all the time. Is there a different way I should be doing this? It's essential the files in that folder have full permission because I store the product registration in that location (created after installation, by my program with non-admin rights) and all users on the machine need to access it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This article has details on what is needed for the script but I am unsure how to pass the directory information on from ICP. Does anyone have any input? Can ICP do this with icalcs?

Alternatively, any other method for changing permissions would be acceptable. I could always make a small additional .exe that changes the permissions, which runs just once with admin rights during hte installation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna bump this only because I'm still clueless and REALLY need to get this to work. Any chance there's a script or separate file that can accomplish this if run?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely there's gotta be a way to retrieve a specific folder within %AllUserAppData% directory and set its security to read/write for all users...