User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How can I make global events in Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How can I make global events in Fusion 2.5?

I was a long-time user of The Games Factory 1, and I remember having the option to make a group of events "global" so that they appear in the Event Editor of every frame. How is this done in Fusion 2.5? When I insert a group of events, the only checkbox that appears is "Active when frame starts."
    Also, can I only reference global objects in global events? I am hoping that I can reference Active Objects that are not global objects, but they have the same name in each frame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hidden away where only the most fearless adventurers will uncover its secrets

In the left workspace window, click on the parent project (not on its children frames). Then in the properties window click on the button that looks a little like an event editor. Then I think there's a button for global events there (not in front of a pc atm)

I think you'll be fine using non-global events with the same names

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Volnaiskra - That's what I was looking for! It looks like I can "import" any object from the game, global or not, into the global event editor.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I'd use it for my current project as well, but it kept crashing the application. Seems very unstable, I avoid using it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never had any crashes with global events. It's been very stable for me but I don't know, maybe if you have a lot of them it can become unstable

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be that one of the objects used in a global event is not on the frame it's triggered in. I have not had issues with global events either.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's stable, but not very usefull, because qualifiers are not allowed with that.
    It's better to make all your game in one frame, and using custom map editor.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of this, what's the loop order for all the events? I'm guessing Global events -> Frame events -> Behaviour events ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zip2kx: It's Frame -> Global-> Behavior
    I found that by adding text to a string at start of frame in all event editors.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd avoid using global events and instead use global behaviors (eg. an active with "global to all frames" checked and a behavior). That way you can manually place the active in whatever frames you want those events to be present. Global events are super sluggish because every time you modify any action, condition, comment, etc., MMF needs to update that change in every frame. Behaviors instead wait until you exit the behavior editor to refresh the events in all frames that have that active.

Keep in mind behaviors are run in the order of the actives' creation in the frame. If you want that reordered, the only way to change that is to delete the older active via ctrl+x and pasting it via ctrl+v. Just realize that any events associated with it will be removed in the main event list, so copy those before you do this.

There's also a "hack" you can use to include qualifiers inside with no side effects, I've been using it for a while myself and it's pretty harmless. Don't have time to explain why it's harmless in detail, but I made a video tutorial at some point explaining how it's used. Just know that objects in behaviors are referenced, which means that if the object isn't found in a given frame, the action/conditions for it are simply not performed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast