User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with text on some android devices.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issues with text on some android devices.

Hello everyone. I don't know what causes this to happen and it happens on a couple devices I have around the house. Has anyone seen this and figured a way to stop/fix it?

Screenshot_2016-08-23-09-24-03.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help! If I can't fix it I have to rebuild the app to avoid any text in the app. That would not be a good solution.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    what version of runtime you are using and what devices are these?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Alcatel onetouch that it happens on each and every time I run the app and I can't make it go away. ($20 Walmart phone)
    I have an LG Gpad that it happens on every time I run it but 99 out of 100 times it happens I can hit the home button and re-open the app, not restart, and the text is back to normal then it will not happen again until I close the app and restart it.

I am using Fusion 2.5 Dev build 286.6 and the Android build API 24.

It does not happen right from the start, it seems to only happen when I go one particular screen. I am in the middle of making some changes in that area right now but as soon as I finish those changes I can send you the mfa in a PM. The software is for a client and I don't have permission to share it with the public.

Let me know if you want me to do that and I will.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to create another app with just a couple of frames to duplicate the issue so I could post it here but the issue does not happen in that app. I will have to spend some time on it tomorrow, my head is pounding and I just need some rest, been a 12 hr day for me almost.

Thanks Fernando!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I have spent the last over 4 hours this morning troubleshooting this issue and this is what I have found.

The MFA file...
    readpage.mfa

In the first frame I have the Web View Object which loads a log in page, Window Control, Android Object, Admob Object, a couple of String Objects, a Button Object and an Active object which, in this version, is just a black box.
    On this phone, Alcatel onetouch, you have to scroll to get to the log in button so you can't see it in the screen shot. This is not the case on any other device and I am not to worried about it at this point as I can address the size of the web view object later.
    I am using screenshots from this phone since this is the one I have the issue with consistently.
    Screenshot_2016-08-24-11-21-37.jpg
    You can put any info in the User Name and Password boxes as long as you put at least one letter in each.

When you log in it will take you to the second screen which has one button, using and active object, the Web View Object, a string parser, the android object, a couple of strings and an edit box.
    When you click the button (active object) it loads a page which is read by the app to parse out just the video ID needed for the next screen.
    Screenshot_2016-08-24-11-21-59.jpg
    On this phone I have to push the button several times sometimes but only on this phone. I am sure it has something to do with the default browser that came on this Alcatel onetouch ($20 Walmart phone). I tell you this in case, when you push the button, nothing happens on your end. Just push like every 2 seconds if it does not go to frame 3.

On frame three I have 2 buttons, 2 string objects, window control, admob, android object and the web view object. When the screen loads the title text is just boxes and the button text is just boxes.
    Screenshot_2016-08-24-11-22-06.jpg

When I first rebuilt this app the issue did not happen but I was only using 2 screens out of 4 so I added the 4 then added the objects and actions from frame one. I packed it and the problem reappeared. I then started removing things, first was the web view object. I just made the button move to the next screen. The problem was still there.

I then reloaded the mfa file and removed the image (active object) and built the APK. The problem was gone. I could not believe it was the image.
    The original image was a PNG with transparencies so I unchecked the transparency checkbox on the active object. The problem still happen and the black parts of the image were still transparent, that is an issue I would think.
    I changed the PNG it to a JPG with a white background. Still had the issue.
    I changed it to a Backdrop object, still had the same issue.
    I changed it to an Active Backdrop object, still had the same issue.
    Make it just a black box, a white box, a red box, still had the same issue with each color.
    I made the image smaller (192 X 192) thinking maybe it was a memory issue, still had the same issue.
    I changed the image to the same image I used as the button in frame 2 and the issue went away.
    I changed the image to a smaller Icon image (72 X 72) and the issue was back.

I have no idea what this all means but my LG Gpad has this issue happen at well but at least on it I can hit the home button, after the video loads, then open it again and the text is fine.

Any insight to this would be great since I can not pin down why it's taking place and why an active object would cause the issue but only with some images.

Thanks again!

Edit: Also the checkbox for End application when not in foreground does not seem to do anything on either device I have tested on, anyone else seen this?

Edit 2: I just noticed that the Internet permission was not checked on this version. Once you check it the issue is still there but i wanted to give a heads up.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    can you prepare a small mfa only with the issue so I can test here.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I provided one in my last post. It't only 333 K, roughly. Did that not work?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I tested I can not reproduce here in two of my devices I will test in others tonight
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool thanks Fernando, it's a shame because it messes up all text, even in dialog boxes so the user could not choose options provided if this happens to them.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me take a look on my Note 4

MM... Compiled and installed.. and ll I get is the main page, and not getting the logging boxes at all
    ... after a minute or 2 the login box came up
    logged in, and clicked on new products... and then i get to a screen with a reload and close button..
    nothing else shows..

seems like it was trying to load something and then it jumped to the other screen.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast