User Tag List

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: OUTBUDDIES - a 16bit style metroidvania (with alpha demo!)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    Yeah, there´s a homeboy factor for sure! I also don´t know how the currency is displayed in countries outside Europe, do you get Outbuddies in Euro or in USD or in AUD?
    EUR. Which will definitely hurt you to some degree, especially in the US, where people have a known tendency to shy away from other currencies (some people, not all, obviously).

This is worse for Australians though (and Kiwis, etc.), since many Americans will see the price in Australian dollars and assume that it's in American dollars, thus making the rewards look substantially more expensive. I made a point of writing AUD everywhere, and even had a shiny kangaroo on my rewards graphic, but at least a couple of people still made that mistake.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    EUR. Which will definitely hurt you to some degree, especially in the US, where people have a known tendency to shy away from other currencies (...) I made a point of writing AUD everywhere, and even had a shiny kangaroo on my rewards graphic, but at least a couple of people still made that mistake.
    Lol Yeah, the currency thing really sucks, especiall if the currencies are very different. I found this in the Kickstarter FAQ though - it seems the currency is actually translated to USD for the US, but only there (!)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not looking too bad. Ignore the green "trending" line, because that's always misleading (you'd need to get about 4 more 700EUR pledges like you did on the first day for that line to be accurate - there's only so many rich aunts one guy can have! ). But just extrapolating the blue line (as indicated by the the orange line, added by me) should be relatively accurate, and that definitely looks good. You'll probably get a slump in the mid-late part of the campaign where pledges slow down a lot (I think I had several days towards the end with 0 pledges), so you'll need to keep working at it, but it certainly looks within reach!

EDIT:

This shows why the green line isn't to be trusted. You can see that it doesn't treat the first day as an outlier (which in almost all campaigns, it is, since you get way more pledges on the first day), and ends up ignoring the actual day-to-day trend:

EDIT2: By the way, this data is from the kicktraq browser plugin, if you didn't already know.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, man! I got this graph too! We´re still getting too few pledges outside my relatives and friends (and their friends), but the interview I did on insertmoin.de (German only, unfortunately:P) is constantly generating traffic. Many of them do not come and pledge because of the game in the first place, but to show their support for me in person, that´s really a thing I would not have expected at all.

Anyway, even reaching the basic funding goal will be a tough ride and I got to prepare myself and develop some new ideas to get this known. My interview will not generate traffic forever, this will probably last for a couple of more days, but not longer. Today is good again, but I had only very few pledges on Friday and Thursday. I´ve to acquire some more options for organic outreach in my local community. Also, I´ll try to get support from fellow indies with similar projects funded on KS in the last years to reach out to their followings. I don´t know if this will work out, but I guess it´s worth a try. I also contacted a PR company with a very good reputation for advice and possible collaboration. They had a very honest answer for me and said it´s much too late now to do anything good for me and that a PR campaign for a Kickstarter needs months of work, if they do it. That surprised me in a positive way. There are dozens of suspect people offering support once your launch a campaign, and not giving them any dollar is probably a good decision.

Amanda will start drawing the backer´s wallpaper this weekend and Robin will do his mail out on Monday. Amanda's shootout brought us a really significant number of pledges from the US and I hope for a good effect in the UK as well. I´m really happy I did reach out to freelancers for this campaign and a future collaboration. It also was an essential step to spice up the campaign and the game´s overall presentation. Having concept art and a good soundtrack to show is such an important thing... I underestimated it in my preparations, without it the project is lacking soul and professional appeal.

I´ll keep you guys updated when there's something interesting. Sadly I´ll have to go back to my daytime job on Monday, this is not going to be easy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck on Kickstarter Julian, I hope things work out well for you!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, i would stay away from indie PR companies.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Robeez!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I´ve some new stats for you guys. The last week was really crazy, the campaign was crawling at the beginning of the week. Then we were featured in the second mailout from Kickstarter which resulted in a superbacker getting the 1000 Euro tier (design one of the bosses). At first I was extremely sceptical about this, as he´s not related to me or my freelances at all, but I checked back with him and Kickstarter and everything seems to be alright. He just felt like contributing a sum like this and he seems to have a record of similar high pledges. Actually, I even wanted to convince him to withdraw his pledge, as it somehow just felt extremely wrong to receive a sum like this from one normal guy (who is not rich at all, from what he told me) but he insisted. I guess a lot of strange and unexpected things can happen in crowdfundung...

Besides this crazy story, it was really cool to see some videos of smaller YouTubers rolling in, one of them was especially great, as it showed the struggle to overcome the first miniboss in a very humorous way. Fusions seems to make a lot of problems with screen capturing recorders, this may be related to UF and it is clearly a downfall when it comes to media coverage. Nearly everybody I was talking to had serious recording problems, forcing DX9 Mode seemed to help (if the softwares offered it).

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fraps etc. recording is fine in real fullscreen. Maybe you could introduce a semi secret toggle into the game (or just a setting in the options) that switches to real fullscreen. Obviously it won't have the same benefits with your pixelart scaling, but that shouldn't matter too much with video anyway (since the codecs and youtube will soften your edges anyway)

That's amazing about the superbacker! I guess designing a boss is a pretty cool reward. I sounds fun, and is even something that could go on your résumé.

Out of curiosity, did you contact all those youtubers, or did they hear about the game through other means?

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast