User Tag List

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: OUTBUDDIES - a 16bit style metroidvania (with alpha demo!)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wrote a new Indie DB article today about Outbuddies' different weapon systems. Hopefully this will generate some traffic on the weekend ... this marketing stuff is exhausting, I can tell you guys... 11 days to go! I'll be so happy when I can work on the game again instead of making gifs all the time.

Please share this article around, if you're active on social media: http://www.indiedb.com/games/outbudd...weapon-systems

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I'm not regretting my decision to stop all marketing activities for this year. No social media, no gifs, and no conferences until at least PAX in Nov. The [most likely modest] publicity losses my new policy will cause have so far been far outweighed by the benefits to my development time, focus, and happiness

But I'll make an exception to my social media embargo to give Outbuddies a shoutout

btw, your kickstarter is looking very safe! Congrats!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still worried, actually. I had about 10 pledges in the last 3 days and some smaller pledges were withdrawn at the same time. I still need to make 700 bucks to get over the finish line (and Outbuddies was already featured twice by KS, so I unlikely will get a third one). However, I'll talk to my brother for sure if he can help me out if there is a significant sum missing in the end (not my preffered solution though). As you said before there's really a huge gap between random social media exposure and actual backings. The group of people willing to invest in crowdfunding seems to be extremely limited (unless the campaign is skyrocking and visible everywhere) and once you've reached a certain product specific point there's not much more to get. I'll do a detailed writeup for the forums when this is all over but by now it's already clear that there are three major factors my campaing relys on: Family/friends, featuring by Kickstarter (newsletter, game of the day) and random high level pledges you cannot expect or count on at all. If I had taken my original funding goal of 7000 bucks I would have already been in big trouble by now. The pledges that come from social media channels are really minor (and I've done a lot of Twitter in the last months to build connections there...)

Thank you very much for sharing my article, I really appreciate that you've broken your embargo

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good, man! Almost funded! It's a shame those stretch goals seem out of reach for now. Push Robin and Amanda hard to get their friends and networks on board, since they'll get gigs out of it if you hit the stretch goals! (though I'm sure you/they already have)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm trying everything, but my social media resources seem pretty depleted. Today I managed to get in the Indie DB top 5 for the first time, but pledges are pretty rare anyway. As you described with Spryke's campaign, there's no real connection between puncutal visibility and pledges. I really wonder how other retro titles managed to get over 3000 backers on board, the market seems so limited for this kind of games. Probably I'll never find out. A slight phenomenon of withdrawing low-level pledges has begun too, which makes things even more unpredictable. I would totally understand if it was from the backers that really wanted to get a complete original soundtrack from Robin, as I'll likely have to cut edges here (as well as with concept art), but it's actually mainly happening in the early bird tier. The good thing is: If one early bird is freed it's immediately taken by someone else :P Let's see how it goes, we're so close now that it should be doable somehow

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Julian ! Make the maximum you can this weeks. The 2 last days are very important.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I added your games Greenlight campaign to our Focus page today!

http://www.clickteam.com/focus-on-greenlight

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried facebook ads? With something like "Last opportunity to make the best metroidvania become real" and 100 bucks u will reach a lot of people

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    U DID IT!!! & with 6 days to spare! well done man

just out of curiosity, how much percentage of the goal was NOT from family, friends, friends of friends & the 2 big cash backers?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    I wrote a new Indie DB article today about Outbuddies' different weapon systems. Hopefully this will generate some traffic on the weekend ... this marketing stuff is exhausting, I can tell you guys... 11 days to go! I'll be so happy when I can work on the game again instead of making gifs all the time.

Please share this article around, if you're active on social media: http://www.indiedb.com/games/outbudd...weapon-systems

MARKETING SUCKS

I mean does anybody here really enjoy this aspect of game making?

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast