User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Random Dungeon Generation Help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work! This is what I was also trying to achieve. Hopefully now it's easy enough to translate the rooms into an array and load levels based on the room you enter / exit like Binding of Isaac etc - Should be simple enough

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to get the generated map saving to an array, updated your example. It's probably a lot more efficient to do all of this in the array instead of by creating actives, but I'm more of a visual learner, so seeing things represented in front of me helps a lot.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Install Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great! Like you, I'm also a visual learner. Like, everytime I add something, I test it immediately, so having things that I can actually look at helps a lot.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick tip RhysD: Instead of using Appdrive$+Appdir$ use Apppath$, which is shorter and does the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, I've tried AppPath$ before but it doesn't seem to work when running from in Fusion, only when compiled into an exe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found a bug in my example with the grid values, change line 20 after the comment "Set the cell values of the overlapping room" to

On each one of (Grid), loop name "Cell"
    + X Position of (Cell) = X Position (Grid)
    + Y Position of (Cell) = Y Position (Grid)

- Set 'CellValue' value of (Grid) to 'Tiling' value of (Cell)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, sorry to bring up this thread again, but I am not very happy with that method. Although it is randomized as I wanted, but after many generations, it became very boring as each room is just the same box with different exits. So is there anything I can do to spice up the generation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you guys know how to do this method in Fusion?
    http://rjevans.net/page/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've made a new generation system that I really like. It has more variety compared to the last one. But I'm stuck on the connecting part. Right now it just remove random doors and replace it with tiles. Can you guys look into it and solve it?
    Generation.mfa

Edit: Nevermind. Figured it out using the old technique I used

Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you please explain the second one deeper, I know what you mean but can you please go into more detail on how to do it. I've seen that video before viewing this thread, and I'm actually making a spelunky game, but I can't figure out how to make random levels

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5