User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Dungeon Generation Help

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random Dungeon Generation Help

I am making a roguelike game but I don't know how to do the random dungeon generation. I've tried the Dungeon extension but I don't like it as the hallways are too random. I want a tile-based dungeon, but I only know how to create the rooms, I don't know how to create the hallways and the surrounding walls. The Dungeon Dashers example on nivram's page is pretty good, but I don't understand how it works. So if you guys know how to help me on this topic, I would appriciate your help.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard. there are two ways from what i know and neither is super simple.

a) you make it be created purely randomely by moving a "marker" at random directions and creating a path under it as long as the marker isnt overlapping a path. Then you create walls on the sides of the path.

b) you create a bunch of designed rooms, save the positions of the objects to an array. When creating your level you spawn in random arrays and put them side by side for as many times as you want (to get the size of the level), then you have to connect them by e.g. having door objects that teleport you, or spawn path objects between the objects etc.

If you dont know already i would recomend you to learn fast loops and watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqk5Zf0tw3o it's not a mff tutorial but it shows how Spelunky creates levels. When you understand that you can start building your engine.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help. Over the past few days I've been trying many methods, and your first method I actually tried before posting this thread ��
    It kinda works, but there is one problem. Because the movement of the marker is random, it makes some of the hallways' width greater than what I wanted.
    The array thingy I don't know how to, but I assume that it only create rooms.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried the Dungeon extension but I don't like it as the hallways are too random.
    The Dungeon Dashers example on nivram's page is pretty good, but I don't understand how it works.
    That example uses the Dungeon extension. You just need to play around with the path randomness, sparseness and dead-end removal settings to change the way the hallways look. The extension also comes with a number of example files that you can learn from. I'd recommend you start there, as you would find creating your own system extremely difficult (if you really want to try, take a look at this: http://www.roguebasin.com/index.php?...e_Rogue_levels ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played around with the sparseness, but the hallways are still twisting. I want them to be as simple as possible, like a straight line or a corner. Also, do you know how to increase the width of the path in the Dungeon extension? I've tried increasing the size of the sprite I'm using, but the size in the actual dungeon is still the same.
    Also, I've taken a look at the page. I might use scaling and angles to connect the rooms, but I don't know how to do it in tiles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I guess I will design a few segments and put them together randomly then.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck!
    This is truely one of the hardest thing imo to do well in fusion, ive done a random generator that works for the game i made but there probably is a bunch of different ways to do it. Would be fun to see what you come up with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thạnks! I hope I will finish it soon.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't able to do this exactly how I wanted to so instead I just made a ton of maps to use as the base, have the game pick one at random, and then go through the selected map using fastloops and add / change things here and there like adding doorways or damage tiles, monsters, chests and etc.

This uses MuddyMole's awesome excel to MMF array converter.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excel to MMF array converter?! that would be very useful, is it available anywhere? does it work with any excel doc and fusion array?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast