User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Game Contest. and the Theme is....

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @SHINBAXTER

Indeed, I had similar thoughts as well... of course, I almost certainly won't participate this time, that being said, especially since, from my understanding, this might become a monthly thing if all goes well (or at the very least it may happen fairly often). I just hope that any given theme is only allowed to be chosen once per year (e.g. all requests for a theme which has already been chosen that year are flat-out ignored), to prevent it from becoming a horror game contest every month, every year.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    a monthly horror competition....now THAT'S a horrifying thought.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    guys what's wrong with a a monthly horror competition?
    Would love it

Mmmm I'm very tempted to try out an old horrorific idea I had and join the party..
    limit to 25 events could also fit with my limited time available

ehm... what is the prize?
    -beside fame and glory of course-
    (is there a prize? )

let's just hope horror-gaming-masters JesseM and Droxon won't join the contest or we won't stand a chance!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, nothing wrong with a horror theme IMO. I just finished my entry and have to say it was hard with a limit of 25 events per frame, but it was fun doing it with the limit. I just had to think about it first before doing it and as I went along. Had to make it really optimized. Looking forward to seeing everyone's entry. Good luck everyone!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @KLiK-iT & schrodinger

There's nothing wrong with a horror theme per-se, but I personally wouldn't be participating if it's ALWAYS a horror theme, as someone who has virtually no interest in horror games. Now, I could just enter games that only vaguely fit the theme while still not really being a horror game (e.g. fitting the theme of horror by including things like zombies, but not even trying to be scary at all), but I'm not in the mood right now for starters, and even if I was, I think I'm only going to be able to do that so many times before it gets old.

And if it becomes horror-themed EVERY month, then it would kinda become a bit dull for just about everyone, don't you think? I mean, think about it: We already have a bazillion Five Nights at Freddy's rip-offs, clones, and fan-games, do we REALLY need a monthly horror game competition next to that when 90% of the games are likely going to be yet more Five Nights at Freddy's rip-offs and clones?

This is especially problematic because of one way that Sparckman built up his fan-base: Five Nights at Freddy's tutorials. In other words, pretty much everyone who is a fan of his knows how to make a horror game of that style specifically, and therefore, I can basically guarantee you that 99% of the people who voted "horror" likely had that idea in mind, which means that we can pretty much guarantee that we're going to see at least one such game, and it's very likely we'll end up with a lot more than that.

I mean, sure, we could have it be horror-themed every September to make the games "just in time for Halloween", but I'd rather not have that literally every month that this is held.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As for me, I was joking
    just because I love horror as a genre can't stay away from promoting it from time to time
    (mostly in books and movies actually, and mostly in books and movies dating more than ten years ago, with few notable exceptions -- but I'm going OT)

this is why I stated I would love a monthly horror contest

but seriously speaking,
    I totally agree with you hgf that any recurring theme every month would be boring!
    (though the horror-game on September is a pretty nice idea! )

Didn't know about the FNAF thing going on behind the scenes,
    I can see as a FNAF (or any other game) clones invasion could be little fun in a contest,
    ..I assure mine wo(uld)n't be

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @schrodinger

Ah, okay, that makes sense.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    September - Horror
    October - Halloween
    November / Dec - Christmas theme
    Jan - New years theme
    etc.. I'm sure we can come up with something.

(lol... and not just changing the character and background)

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's a cool idea Perry!

September - Horror theme (that's it!)
    October - Halloween theme
    November - Vlad Tepes (b. nov/dic) theme
    December - Friedrich W. Murnau (b. 28 dec.) "Nosferatu" theme
    January - Edgar Allan Poe (b. 19 jan) theme
    February - Richard Matheson (b. 20 feb) theme
    March - Algernon Blackwood (b. 14 mar) theme
    April/May - Walpurgisnacht theme
    August - H.P. Lovecraft (b. 20 aug) theme

I'm sure you can find out more

()

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good idea Perry and Schrodinger..!! LOL..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast