User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: frustration with fusion 2.5 does not work the way tutorials suggest/scrolling

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

frustration with fusion 2.5 does not work the way tutorials suggest/scrolling

Hey friends, So I keep trying to get my game to scroll correctly. Even when I follow the tutorial exactly, it doesn't work. I began to wonder if there is something wrong with my version. Like I have checked for updates and it says I am up-to-date. I emailed the company for help because the active backdrop object does not work and got a very poor response. Is there something I am missing? Do I need to have a higher version for it to work correctly? Anyone have similar experiences?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Could you attach an .mfa file with the issue?

It's usually both the fastest and easiest way for us to see what's going wrong. Alternatively we'd probably need a much more detailed description of your method of scrolling. I can't really think of a good guess myself.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have probably done something wrong.

Scrolling has nothing to do with your version. Attach your mfa file and someone will show you where you did wrong.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, did you actually make the frame big enough to make it scrollable?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For example if your Window height is 800 your Frame height have to be at least 801 to make vertical scrolling possible(1px in this case), otherwise you notice nothing if you did Always - Center window position in frame relative to the position of your moving object. I'm not sure what people expect if they don't increase the frame size, because nothing scrollable is there then .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the file for the simple version I am trying to make scroll. I have had no success with the vertical scrolling on my game. This is a test file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7d5rjmj1hb...liens.mfa?dl=0

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should enlarge the frame in your example. I just changed the height of the frame to 2160 and I checked "Follow the frame" in your spaceship Properties(tab RunTime Options).
    Now it should scroll properly(only vertical scrolling, because I increased the height of the frame and not the frame width).

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=d...kVJREhXSFBDeUU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It scrolls until the ship reaches the top of the frame then the ship disappears and does not wrap around the play area. Also is there a way to make it so there isn't a big seam? Does it have to be that big to scroll or is it that I didn't have "follow the frame" checked?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can get rid of the seam easily, but no matter what I try, the ship will not wrap around the play area. It will scroll until the ship reaches the top or bottom then the ship disappears and does not come back. Any suggestions??

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Cathy delete the wrap condition you have as it's in the wrong spot. Start a new condition, right click Ship (active), choose Position tab, test position of ship, click all four arrows (up, right, down, & left) just inside the white square, click ok.

If you've done it right your ship icon will appear with green writing - Leaves the play area.
    As a condition just below this, left click on insert your action here, right click Ship (active), choose Movement tab, select Wrap around play area.

Should look like this:
    Ship Wrap.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast