User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please help me with implementing Steam leaderboards into my game! (Steamworks.mfx)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Please help me with implementing Steam leaderboards into my game! (Steamworks.mfx)

Hi everyone,

I wish to implement leaderboard functionality into my Steam game, Quick Slick Deadly, which has been made with Clickteam Fusion 2.5. I already have successfully used Steamworks.mfx to implement achievements, but for whatever reason, leaderboards don't want to work. I've been trying different things for hours now, but the action "Upload score 12345 for leaderboard "name_of_leaderboard" using method=0" simply doesn't add anything to the game's leaderboards. I've tried to use this action separately, as well is in conjunction with "Find Leaderboard" and/or "On Leaderboard Found". Nothing helps! Of course, it had been nice if I could see the example "leaderboard_examples.mfa" that comes with the Steamworks extension, but this one example requires listview.mfx, which is only available for the Pro version of Fusion 2.5.

Please help me! After so many wasted hours of trying to solve the problem on my own without any success, I'm highly desperate!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still haven't been able to find a solution. If it helps, here is what I've done:

First, I defined my leaderboards in my Steamworks settings, a snippet of which you can see below:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...aderboards.JPG

Then, I tried various things in Clickteam Fusion 2.5 to implement the leaderboards. Here you can see the latest method I've tried, which is still not working:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...aderboards.png

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really sure as I haven't implemented leaderboards in Steam. But the second screenshot you linked has a red event, which usually means it will not be fired. I don't think you can use that event on a loop. I'd suggest removing the loop part above the red event so it's firing properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi RhysD,

Thank you very much for the reply! Unfortunately, I've tried that and it didn't help. As a side note, that line only appears red when I print my event list. It does not appear red within Clickteam Fusion 2.5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still no one any idea?

In the example that I have included in my post yesterday, I have used fast loops in my code. I have also tried to used no loops at all, but that doesn't work either.

The problem seems to be that the action "Upload score 1 for leaderboard "s106" using method=0/1" simply doesn't do anything, because when I prevent the program from continuing unless the upload is successful (using the condition "On success uploading score to leaderboard "s106""), the game freezes. This indicates that, after all, the uploading never becomes successful. I have really no idea why it is this way and how I could possibly fix it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick thought, but are you testing this by running the game from Fusion, or uploading it to Steam and running from there? From what I can recall, I had to create a build and upload it to Steam before any of my achievements were popping up correctly. This is possibly due to the fact that it has to authenticate with the Steam servers, and running it straight from Fusion will probably run into security issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I always make a Steam build. In fact, it was only yesterday that I, for the first time, created a separate testing branch in Steam. Before that, I always simply updated the public default branch.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't help you directly since I don't have the steamworks object (do you need the steam version to get that or something?) but I can recommend something.

Try putting a List object into your frame, and on each event that does something steam-related, add a line describing that process to the list. This way, if something doesn't work, it won't get added to the list and you can pinpoint exactly where the problem is happening. (Edit: seems you already know where the problem is happening, my bad)

One thing that comes to mind is that your outgoing requests and value pushes might be getting blocked by either your firewall/antivirus (some of them don't like Fusion, and an exception will usually be needed. You can add these manually). There could be some issue on the Steam side of things as well. Have you checked the help file, if one exists?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast