User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mario gets stuck on ? boxes and pipes.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mario gets stuck on ? boxes and pipes.

I'm a beginner to clickteam fusion 2.5 and i'm trying to get a basic platform game going to learn from. I know Mario Bros is far from basic but regardless i'm just using the stock images to work from. So far i'm content with the moving and jumping but I notice that Mario keeps getting stuck on the pipes and ? blocks. He will get stuck on the side of the objects and float through the middle almost like the old NES double dragon barrel trick from stage 1. I was wondering if anybody can give me some advice to prevent Mario from getting stuck. I'll include my .mfa file so you can try it and see what I mean. Keep in mind I'm a clickteam noob and everything isn't as organized as it should be which i'm well aware of. You can move with the arrow buttons on the keyboard and run and jump with X and C. I appreciate the help if you can throw me some suggestions.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't try it right now but what I'm thinking is that Mario is the actual player character right? so if his head for example collides with a block he hangs in the air? What you could do is to create a small active object. Just a small rectangular shape or a circle. then have mario always play the same animations and always keep mario positioned at that active object. Mario's feet should be in the center of that small object. You actually make that small object the player character and make it invisible. If you are a beginner this might sound a little complicated but it's really not. If you need more help I could whip something up and upload!

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah mario is the player character. I have him set to the platform movement at the beginning of the frame. I changed the main game file about a month ago to have a rectangle box act as the character and have mario "which is the character I need the animations to play correctly for" follow the box. I though the square box wouldn't get hung up on the pipes and the ? boxes but even that does. Not only that but I lost all the animations for mario in the process. Unfortunately my progress in clickteam fusion has pretty much grinded to a hault because of this. I'm in no hurry to get a reply but maybe if you have some time one night or a weekend to check it out and give me your recommendation or possibly make changes to the file and upload it i'd throw ya some dough on paypal for your troubles (assuming that's allowed probably not) or i'd just give ya a big thanks. BTW... I uploaded the changed file just to get an idea at what I thought might work a month ago but didn't.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No cash needed buddy :-D i might be able to whip something up tonight

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you use a box for the collision detection it should work without any problem.
    I adapted your File a little bit and for me it works fine

Check it out and tell me if it solves your problem.

hope it helps...

ps.
    I didn't take care of creating animation and stuff like that.
    I just kept it simple to give you an idea how it could work

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah I didn't think about that you used the platform movement object...oh well I removed everything and did this very quick anyway with the built in platform movement. Maybe you can do something with that stuff even if you use the platform object

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @sirchnord
    I had already some problems by using the built-in "platform movement" engine (even with the physic platform movement).
    I really would suggest, if you don't like to create you own movement engine, to use the PMO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should listen to what bad_rick says I haven't fiddled around with platform games really so I just did that fast

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome guys I really appreciate the help. I'm gonna play around with that in the morning and see what else I can come up with. I can already notice i'm not getting hung up on any of the objects. Thanks again guys for all your help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And...one thing you should know. The whole Community right here is awesome. I already use Fusion for about 2 year and never get dissapointed.... ��

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast