User Tag List

Thread: mmf2d3d9.dll Detected as possible threat by Kaspersky

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmf2d3d9.dll Detected as possible threat by Kaspersky

So my Internet security just automatically deleted mmf2d3d9.dll from my computer after detecting it as a possible threat (UDSangerousObject.Multi.Generic). Now, of course, Fusion doesn't work properly anymore. I guess the dll in question is used for Direct3D 9.

I have no idea why it just now decided that it was a 'problem', but either way I need to fix this issue. What's my best course of action? Is there a way I can just re-download that specific dll file?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the file from my installation. I have the Steam version, but I doubt this file would be any different.

I'm doing this assuming that there's nothing ethically or legally wrong with me uploading this dll file (I can't imagine that there would be). If I'm wrong, then I apologise, and a moderator please delete my post.

As a personal aside, I highly recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. It's the most lightweight and non-intrusive (amazingly, since it's microsoft) antivirus product I've ever used. Ever since I tried it about 5 years ago, I wouldn't dream of using those pesky Nortons, Symantecs, or Kasperskys - most of the time, all they do is annoy.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the protection of MS Security Essentials/Windows Defender is very good. It can't protect you against adware/spyware installers though. One of the best ways to remove all the crap for free would be a combination of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free version and AdwCleaner.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you're about to release your game on Steam, please consider signing your files before and submitting them to all the biggest virus-scanners.
    I had a problem when I released my last game where Avast deleted executable without asking the user, it looked like the game was bugged since it didn't launch correctly.

I didn't sign my files, but instantly contacted Avast, and was able to get the files marked as "safe" in a few days time. Naturally this hurt the launch.
    I'm really looking to sign my next games to avoid problems, I would suggest you to do the same!

Just a heads up, it can make a huge difference!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. That would have been absolutely infuriating!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that's super good to know J3sseM.

Thanks Volnaiskra! Got Fusion working again thanks to you