User Tag List

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: RPM - Rage's Platform Movement

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heads up, RPM is now on sale for $4.99 as part of my "Black November Cyber Thanksgiving Holiday Spook tacular" deal!

Act fast, as it's only good for...an entire month!

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great!!!!
    Question (and maybe I missed it).. Does it work for IOS and Android as well? is it touch based then or with a joystick?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't check iOS compatability (no iPhone/iPad), but it seems to work fine on Android if you turn down a few settings (though my device is kind of not great).

By default RPM doesn't have built-in touch controls (it supports 360/Xbone out of the gate), but I built it so RPM reads inputs from a Input object as opposed to direct input events. You can add additional control methods as long as you're using the Values/Strings from that object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch MakerUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ragem,
    How can I activate he ninja gaiden wall climb that I saw in the examples?

Thanks,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Download the character examples from the first post/itch and check under the behaviors of Greninja, under the group "Wall Cling". In fact you should be able to just copy and paste the code onto another character, just swap out Greninja with the other character (and check your alt. values).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    cool, just purchased this. Will play around with this...

update: Managed to integrate some touch controls with some work.

simple error code in Android:
    Object name : Metronome Widget
    Line #7, in action #1, expression : SamplePosition(

Android Framerate is really slow even with good devices,
    how to turndown some settings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my experience it seems Angle Detection leads to a lot of slowdown on Android. Best option is to reduce the Detect Down value in the left angle detector (lower than 10), or completely disable it if you don't plan to use it in the Engine object. I got a used Nexus 6 not too long ago and the performance doesn't seem to be any different than my Grand Prime...

That error is due to how the Metronome syncs using the filename of the song (which is entered in the Metronome's Alt. String), by looking for the sample position. You have to remove the 7th line inside the Metronome's behavior (or remove the metronome, it's completely optional), but you'd likely have to rely on another timer to sync any music for beats. I never got that error when exporting to Android.

Thanks for the support!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heya, new user here who just bought your awesome engine. I only got to play around with it for about one day and so far it is really promising to use I find. Though I dunno if anyone noticed it or not, but I might've discovered an issue when it comes to adding parallax scrolling. Without your engine, Fusion ran fine with more than one layer at different speeds.

What I noticed is that the backdrop used for parallax scrolling moves faster when floating-point values are low. At higher values beyond 1, it acts weird along with the player sprite (in fact the backdrop used for parallax scrolling is affecting my player character as if it has collision of some sort). No other events were used nor I have made any major modifications. I thought by setting Master Camera settings to 0 would resolve the issue but it still acts up. I am not so sure if there's a mistake in there somewhere or maybe I did something wrong. ^^;

Regardless, I thought I'd share you what I found with the info I provided. Thank you Ragem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, I tried making a few different layers of varied speeds but didn't notice any thing out of the ordinary. By chance, is the layer the player mask on still set to 1 on the X/Y Coefficient? Things can get a little jumpy if the mask is on a layer different from that value (which the layer object might be able to get around). PM me your file and I'll take a look at it (RPM's code can't be shared publicly!).

While I'm here, I think I should extend another promotion I had on Twitter/Steam. I'm generating a couple of codes good for one download of the current version of RPM. Full access to any future updates/hotfixes will require a purchase or some sort of donation. You'll need an Itch account to use these codes:

https://ragem.itch.io/rpm-rages-plat...FIECmj2DO3nN12
    https://ragem.itch.io/rpm-rages-plat...w38B5RKO77Mv24

I figured getting some more people on board can help RPM grow in the future, so have at it!

I'll try to get back on working on RPM some more in the future. Just needed to take a break from it, and get ready for the holiday rush at work. Fun times!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue I described a few days ago worked as normal. I honestly forgot what I did that caused the strange effect to happen, but it works for me. I'm still learning more of this interesting engine. ^3^
    Thank you for your help and I hope for you it all goes swell. I'll have to keep an eye out for further updates and... who knows. >u<

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast