User Tag List

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: RPM - Rage's Platform Movement

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, ragem,

Can RPM do the animated standing spot, where the character looks like it is breathing and not just a static figure?

What do you use to make your animated sprites? I was going to use Spriter, but there is a serious lack of info on how to import your sprites with that.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should clarify that RPM doesn't really make animations, rather it plays the essential ones for you automatically when you add the character (which you would do manually with a custom engine or PMO). The actual animation is still dependant on the sprite itself.

I don't really have any experience using Spriter, but my preferred method of importing sprites is to make animated GIFs from sprite sheets in an external program, then add them as an active object. I use darkfunction editor since it's pretty good at quickly selecting sprites and grouping them by animation. If Spriter has a way of exporting GIFs you could try that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I just bought your movement engine and I see a whole bunch of downloads

RPMRelease_10_19_16.zip
    RPMReleasev13.zip
    RPMReleasev15.zip
    RPMReleasev171a.zip
    RPMRelease.zip
    RPMReleasev1103.zip
    RPMReleasev1301.zip
    RPMReleasev1502.zip
    RPMRelease_10_16_16.zip
    RPMReleasev1201.zip
    RPMReleasev14.zip
    RPMReleasev1601.zip

What's the difference and which is the newest?
    Thanks

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most recent version of RPM should be labeled "RPMReleasev171a.zip" (v1.7.01a). I'm not sure how the order page is listed in Clickstore (unless I overlooked something). Perhaps I should include dates in the file name to make it slightly less confusing.

And apologizes for the lack of updates. Work is picking up again so I went on hiatus for a bit until I can get some real free time (likely the end of the month, hopefully!)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can replace my player character in the Super Basic Stage by simply editing "character.Angela" and using my graphics.

But how do I add a player graphic to the Blank Stage? The instructions say to "simply add your character to the Group Player qualifier. But I am not sure what that means.

And is that the same procedure to add Solid, Physical, and Moving Objects?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not at home ATM so i can't get you a fancy image, but basically when you select an object you should be able to see the objects properties on the bottom left section (assuming the default layout). One of the tabs should contain the option to add the object to a qualifier/group. Group.Player is what RPM uses to associate the object to the player mask and play animations. The procedure is the same for any other object type.

Alternatively, you can place the edited sprite directly in the frame itself and it'll still work. One of the key features of RPM is that you can place your pre-configured character in any frame with RPM's base code and it'll still work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's something I want to make for my game.

It's merging your platform engine with Volnaiskra's VACCiNE 2 (Universal gamepad and debugger engine) and volCAMERA (Advance camera system)

http://clickstore.clickteam.com/vaccine_2
    http://clickstore.clickteam.com/volcamera

Do you think it's possible to make?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't touched either of those yet, but I can say at the very least you can completely remove the built-in camera of RPM and put in a separate system if needed (Can be disabled by stopping groups Camera Setup and Player Movement>Camera Movement). I'll have to look into that bit more once I get the chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologizes for the lack of updates as of late. Been going through some personal things over the past several months that kinda kept my attention away from RPM for a quite a while now.

While I don't quite have an update yet, I figured I should at least do something I likely should've done a long time ago. Make a quick and dirty video on some of the inner workings of RPM if you've never tried it. I originally whipped this together for someone who needed help getting a character sprite in RPM, but I figured I could show you guys as well just to give you a basic idea on some things RPM handles right from the start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so I'm about a year late but RPM has now been officially updated to v1.8! This is more of a QoL update, but I did sneak in a few more features. Also, RPM Lite was updated to remove the padlock and added support for jump-thru platforms:

https://ragem.itch.io/rpm-rages-plat...ickteam-fusion

https://www.patreon.com/posts/24296542

You can get RPM v1.8 right away by pledging at least $1 on Patreon, but you'll need to pledge at least $5 total to get an itch.io key for permanent access.

-Added Slope Slow Down, which causes the player to slow down when walking up a slope. "SlopeUp WalkXSpeedMax" and "SlopeUp DashXSpeedMax" were added to the Player Attributes Widget to determine the speeds. "SlopeUp Incline" was added to the Angle Detection Widget to determine which angle will cause the slow down. To use this feature you need to enable Angle Detection and SlopeUp SlowDown in the Player Mask.

-Added JumpInputMade to the Player Mask. This simply checks to see if the player performed a Jump Input before going airborne. Can be used to make the mask do different things in the air if the player never actually jumped. This resets once the player is back on the ground.

-The Quick Reference Guide and Group List comments have now been transferred over to a separate document. The text has been updated to reflect the newest changes to RPM and also includes a few image guides for certain actions. The document is free to download for all, but its specifically tailored for the full version for RPM. Some features can be used in the LITE version of RPM.

This was released separately as this will likely be updated independently from RPM itself.

-Removed the option for Angle Detection in the Engine Control Object. You now just need to enable this function in the Mask object.

-Angle detection for Jump-Thru Slopes now uses a flag instead of a binary value.

-Letting go of Dash now properly decelerates the player instead of snapping to the original XSpeed

-Letting go of Dash while Aerial Momentum is active will keep the same speed in the air

-Fixed an issue where the player could potentially get stuck if they jumped just before landing at low Ground Detect values

-Renamed various Attributes to make it slightly less confusing on what each one does

Global:
    "_" have been put in front of values that RPM changes automatically during play. These values shouldn't be changed in the Frame Editor, but can be checked/modified in the Event Editor

Player Mask:

XMax/YMax - XSpeedMax/YSpeedMax
    FloatX/FloatY - FloatXPosition/FloatYPosition
    Absolute Speed - AbsoluteXSpeed
    Jump Speed - JumpYSpeed
    Jump Release - ShortHopFallSpeed
    Weight - FallYSpeed
    Dash - DashXSpeed

Player Attributes:

Walk Speed - Walk XSpeedMax
    Fall Speed - Fall YSpeedMax
    Jump Strength - Jump YSpeed
    Jump Release - ShortHop FallingSpeed
    Jump Release Limit - ShortHop YSpeedLimit
    Alter Walk Speed - Alter WalkSpeed with XSpeed

Animation Widget:

All - ActivateDefaultAnimations
    Enable Forced Animation - ActivateCustomAnimation
    Forced Frame - CustomAni Frame
    Forced Length - CustomAni Length
    Forced Speed - CustomAni FrameSpeed
    Forced Loop - CustomAni Loop

Metronome Widget:

Beats Per Measure - BeatsPerBar
    EvenOdd Measure - EvenOddBar

Engine Control Widget:

Frame Sync - FrameSkip Sync

-RPM Lite now supports Jump-Thru platforms and removes the padlock from the previous version to allow you to edit the events. Certain events have been updated (or removed entirely) to bring some parity to the current version of RPM. Note that RPM Lite still won't get the same support as the full version and has less than half of events (~300 in Lite vs. ~1200 in Full).

Note that no further releases or support will be given to the LITE version of RPM, including possible bugs. To get the latest on RPM, you'll need to purchase the complete version of RPM.

The Clickstore version will be coming soon-ish, but always remember if you PM me your Clickstore Order# and name I'll get you a key for itch.io access until then.

Also, I've attached both RPM Lite and the Quick Reference guide to this post for your convenience.
    Attached files Attached files

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast