User Tag List

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29

Thread: RPM - Rage's Platform Movement

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome work, @ragem can’t thank you enough for the tireless dedication and bug fixing this year!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All hail the king!

What a fantastic update.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for this update
    May success never leave your path and you will get everything you want. Congratulations.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A weird bug that showed up with the latest update.
    It keeps Dividing the player attribute values every time it leaves the current frame it wasnt like this before.
    E.g. in my current project i have all my levels in the game frame, but if the player beats a level, then goes to the level select and into another level the acceleration value becomes 0.001 instead of 0.1.

edit: semeed to be because the player attribute object is global now so it divides it any time you start a frame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    edit: semeed to be because the player attribute object is global now so it divides it any time you start a frame.
    Does it need a 'if value is not a float' condition in there to ensure this is only done once per game? IIRC the division is RPM turning it's ints into floats.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a bit of an oversight on my part there.

The Player Attributes Object does divide the initial int values to float at the start, but making it global stacks this since it retains the values from the previous frame. I missed it because I got in the habit of setting the float values directly in Object Behaviors when a Player Object is detected since you can set it to be unique for each character sprite. I'll have to switch it back once I'm able to work on v2.3.01. Would be nice if we could just place float values directly in the Frame Editor, but I guess there's a limitation somewhere.

Also the Clickstore version should hopefully be updated soon, though as before you can always PM me your order number from Clickstore to get the itch.io version.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Guess its too late to edit my post then, whoops!)

Actually, you could also try "Run this Event Once" where it normally divides and see if that makes a difference as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so I went ahead and tossed together a few quick fixes for this issue, along with a few other problems that also cropped up in the form of RPM Plus v2.3.01! Special thanks to @elvisish for a few ideas as well. :]

https://ragem.itch.io/rpm-rages-plat...ickteam-fusion

-Added "_AttributeCheck" to the Player Attributes Widget. This checks to see if the default Player Attributes was automatically changed by RPM at the start of the frame. The Player Attributes object will carry this information to the next frame due to being a global object.

-Added "CeilingCheck" value to the Ledge Confirm detector. This checks for a ceiling after the player begins to climb up a ledge. If it detects one while this value is active, the mask will automatically go into a Crouching state.

-Added "_MultiJumpWallSlideBuffer" to the Player Attributes Object. This value keeps multi-jump from applying when the player performs a wall jump, allowing them to retain any remaining multi-jumps afterwards.

-Grabbing a ledge will now reset MultiJump back to 0.

-Fixed an issue where Aerial Crouch was still active if you grabbed a ledge.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29