User Tag List

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: RPM - Rage's Platform Movement

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can increase the value to check steeper slopes. Probably should've clarified that. :P

Do keep in mind it has a side effect of making the character "warp" when they walk off the ledge, at least if its too high. Setting it to 2 should work for most instances.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ragem, does it make you warp off the edge even if there isn't ground under you? Like if I walk off an edge in mid-air, will the "slope down" shove you a few pixels down anyways?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you walk off the edge and the value is set high, the character does warp a bit for about a frame.

But after some experimentation, I found that using the floor detector as a check in the "Stick to Ground" group seems to solve that issue. Not sure why I didn't do that before. I'll incorporate that very soon.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if that doesn't work out for you, here's how I handle slopes in my engines without detectors at all (just shifts the player's mask):

slopes1.pngslopes2.jpgslopes3.png

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll wait for the update then
    I'll let you know if I found any other problem

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: Here is that second image split into 2, because this forum is botching the sizes:

slopes0.5.jpgslopes0.6.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will have to keep that one in mind, thanks! My engine doesn't really require a detector to use slopes, but it relies a bit on how the Left/Right detect loops move. When checking Left/Right the mask moves up however many pixels are set in the Slope Detect value.

One issue I always had was sometimes if you made the ceiling low enough for the mask to just squeeze in, Slope Detect could potentially keep you from entering. If you set Slope Detect to 0, the mask can enter just fine.

Granted I can't think of too many situations where the ceiling would really have to be that low, but I was curious if others had that issue. Maybe its just my sloppy coding. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to let you know that the itch.io
    version does have a few bug fixes that I overlooked (stick angles not working, the ledge warp, animations not pausing). I'm not sure how itch.io notifies people but I noticed only one person downloaded the up to date version. :P

Still waiting on the ClickStore version to get approved. Guessing the Humble Bundle is eating away at their time. I PM'd a staffer to see if they can change the file over to the latest itch version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heads up, RPM is now listed on the ClickStore!

http://clickstore.clickteam.com/rpm_platform_movement

Only thing is that I'm not sure of they got the version I updated since I originally submitted. Hurricane Matthew knocked out my power at home so I can't check. I'll have to look into potentially generating itch download keys until I can find out.

EDIT: Hang tight, I realized I made a mistake in the submission, but it requires re-evaluation it seems.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got it, and its pretty solid. well done. i have a better camera system myself, but i guess the camera system is highly dependent on what type of game you are making.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast