User Tag List

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: RPM - Rage's Platform Movement

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ragem, just wondering is this compatible with Android exporter at all?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RPM wasn't fully optimized for any exporter when it was developed (since I didn't have them at the time). You CAN export it to Android with a few sacrifices, but your mileage may vary on performance. HTML5 seems to give the best results for me.

Also there was a glitch in the previous version of LITE with Solid object collisions, so I've attached a new version here. It also includes a few comments on how some things work now.
    Attached files Attached files

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a bit of free time today, and managed to squeeze in a new feature for RPM (now v1.6). It's a bit rough around the edges right now but it should hopefully serve as a good foundation. Currently available on itch.io, will be on ClickStore soon-ish.

https://ragem.itch.io/rpm-rages-plat...ickteam-fusion

-Added the "Mask Instance" group (Group.6). When an object is placed in this group, it will apply collision detection and X/Y Speed similar to how the Player Mask is set up. Other features such as Slope Detection and Scenery PushOut are pre-configured. This can be used as a foundation to create other NPCs or enemies. Included is an example of an enemy that walks left/right with slope detection and gravity between multiple instances.

-Auto-Side Detect is disabled by default

-Fixed a few comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nother update coming through (v1.6.01)! Added a few tweaks to the Mask Instance/NPC system. There's still a few overlap errors here and there, but I'm trying to figure out a solution that doesn't require some sort of detector (which is how the player mask corrects) to inflate the object count. :X As usual you can get it on itch.io now, and Clickstore a little later. Don't forget you can get an itch.io key if you PM your name and order number from the Clickstore!

-Added Float/Sub-Pixel Movement for NPC objects. Activate by typing "Y" in Alterable String E of your object. Float values are stored in Alterable Values Y and Z. The Nega Angela NPC object now uses this movement.

-NPC objects can now ignore collisions. Activate by typing "Y" in Alterable String F.

-Edited the default ForEach detection loops to improve Ground and Wall Detection. You can still edit it to fit your needs.

-Applied Frame Sync/Delta Time to NPC objects.

-Added some more comments to the NPC Group section.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ragem, just a quick note to let you know how very pleased I am with your platform engine and the frequent updates. I bought it from itch.io some time ago and I couldn't be happier with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind words faber (and sorry for the extra late reply lol)!

Anyways, I got a new update for you today! While I don't have any new features to show, I do have a rather serious bugfix that I apparently overlooked for many months (of course caused by trying to solve another bug lol). Think you might want it. :V

-Fixed an issue where the player mask would travel slower going to the right if their speed contained a Floating Point between .6 thru .9 (i.e. 1.8). The "Position Limiter" group found in the Engine Widget is now located in the "Always Active" group in the main Event Editor.

As a result, your character may need adjustments to their max running speed depending on their value.

-Default controls are now displayed in the Frame Editor

Clickstore will get it as soon as Clickteam updates it, but as usual you can PM your CS order number and name to get itch.io access.

Also if you haven't noticed it by now, RPM is now featured on The Reactor! So if you're in the Clicker or above tier, you can get free access to RPM right now (and you can still get itch.io access with your credentials). Clickteam will likely hold a livestream some time this month, so you can get a different look on RPM if you're interested.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

Bought the Rage engine yesterday! Looks great, thanks for your work! You have a Rage demo (Mario World 2 example)...do you also share this code? It'd be more handy to me with ground stomp, wall climb etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can PM you the source of the demo whenever I get home, though keep in mind the code in it was never updated beyond the original version.

What you can do until then is head over to the itch.io page and download the Characters package, which includes the movements. I designed RPM to allow you to create character specific movements all through their behaviors, so you can apply them to any frame that has RPM code.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

PS What's the latest version? In the Clickstore v1601 is the latest but the lite version is already v17. Where can I get the latest full version?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest version of RPM is v1.6.02, which includes the movements fix I mentioned earlier. Clickteam hasn't updated the CS yet, so I'll PM you a key for access to the Itch version.

RPM Lite uses a different version scheme, which is based on the day it was released. It only includes the absolute basics, and doesn't allow you to view the code itself. :V

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast