User Tag List

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: RPM - Rage's Platform Movement

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the camera system in place was there to give you something basic to start off with. Nothing stopping you from making a far superior one. Glad you enjoy it so far!

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realized that I screwed up the link for the character examples, but I can't seem to alter the authors notes. Here's the proper link

http://www.mediafire.com/?42lw0te4ieh3wla

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I don't fully understand how to add some custom animations into your engine, so could you help me in this one?
    I'm trying to implement an skidding animation when changing directions, that should happen the whole time the player is deaccelerating while holding to the oposite direction.
    I tried something like the Shantae example, but didn't worked.

Edit: I found something like "Enable skidding", 0 or 1 it changes nothing apparently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try something like this:

-[Mask]On Ground = "Y"
    *[Mask]XSpeed ≥ 0.0
    *[Player Input] Left = "Y"

~Set [Character] internal flag 0 on.

------------------

-[Character] Internal Flag 0 is on

~[Animation Widget]Set Walking (and perhaps running too) to 0
    ~[Character] Change animation to Skid

------------------
    -[Mask]XSpeed = 0.0
    *[Character]Internal Flag 0 is on
    OR
    -[Mask]On Ground = "N"

~[Character]Set Internal Flag 0 off
    ~[Animation Widget]Set Walking/Running to 1

That's just off the top of my head. You can do something similar for the other direction as well. I'll be able to look more into once I get my power back due to Hurricane Matthew. The "Enable Skidding" function just makes it so your character turns faster in the other direction. :V

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works, looks a bit off but works
    I learned some things, so it could help me in the future.

Oh, about the hurricane, hope you're ok, this situation must suck D:

Also, it made me realize some bugs of the engine:

-When pressing both, left and right, the player stops (with is ok), but as soon as it stops, it always face to the left side.
    (Super Mario World works in a strange but racional way, it's kinda of impossible to press right and left at the same time in the SNES controller, BUT, if you manage to press both, the player keeps walking to the direction of the goal with is usually to the right)

-In some custom characters, climbing animation behave strangely. (like one of the frames plays for less time than others, and sometimes just freeze at the first frame)

-Changing directions while crouched down looks weird, but must be easy to fix, so it's not a big deal.

-When pressing both directions in a slippery ground or underwater, the player keeps the speed and direction forever. Interestingly, when the player hits a wall while sliding though the ground, he changes direction, similar to a Goomba from Super Mario, haha.
    (with the skid solution above, it also keeps the skid animation while moving forever)

-About the skid, something that could happen with other animations: When you hit a wall while skidding (and maybe other custom animations) the animation keep playing when the character start to walk to the pressed direction. (the walking/running animation should be back at this point)

-You problably expected this: When the player gets hurt, he jumps back, and only stops when hit the ground, so if he doesn't hit the ground for some reason (double jump, flying, etc) he keeps going back no matter what the player presses, even after he stop flashing.
    (I don't think that you planned this "jump back when hurt" as major feature, it's just to show off possibilities, am I right?)

-There's no way to make a jump-through platform with obstacle objects? I've tried change the obstacle type to platform, it behaves interestingly, the player can jump through until a certain point, he stops just when the head is passing through the surface of the backdrop.
    (Curious fact: In Super Mario World, every piece of backdrop can be jumped though but only from below. So if you get yourself inside the ground, you can walk freely, the sides and bottom behave as a obstacle, the top as a platform.)

I really liked the "Ceiling Slide", it's really interesting. Something like this could be used to slide on a ground slope I guess.
    If I find anything more I'll let you know! Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This ran at like 0.5fps until I saw that frameskip was turned on until you press P. Throughout every computer I've ever had, MMF's "machine independent speed" option has done nothing but break it. For reference, right now I'm using a new i7. Pressing P made everything fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully I made it through Matthew, aside from swimming home of course (my area floods very easily). I finally got my power back so I can get back to working on stuff.

-That direction issue happens simply because of the way the events are ordered. I had the event that sets your direction left AFTER the one that sets you right. I'll flip it in the next update.

-I'll admit to having a bit of an issue trying to get that Climbing animation working properly. It seems to have a mind of its own on whether it'll work just fine, or just not do anything at all. I'll likely have to go back over the Climbing animation events again. (btw which character gave you the most issues with that?)

-That can be fixed either by setting the Direction value to 0 while crouching, or modifying the event that changes your direction (This is in Mask Setup) to not function while the character is crouching. An oversight on my part there. :P

-That happened because I was stupid and made Acceleration and Deceleration the same value when you're on the ice block, so it cancels out. When you set one to be higher this should no longer be an issue.

-Now that my PC is back up I can see about making a proper skidding animation for one of the example characters (assuming Neweegee made one of course :P). Sometimes restoring the animation sequence helps too.

-The knockback was just a quick example I threw together on how it could potentially work. The Spikes have a behavior that effects your knockback, and deceleration is disabled until the mask hits the ground. You can set it to whatever you want though. :V Also note that player input gets disabled whenever Hitstun is active.

-Maybe I overlooked it, but I can't seem to find any option that allows me to check for a platform overlap instead of only obstacle for backdrops. As a result, I had to resort to using active objects in lieu of using the built-in platform option for backdrops. Basically if you want to have a jump-thru backdrop, you'll have to disable collisions with that backdrop and make an invisible active object your character can walk on.

Does the slowdown occur in all examples or just the Yoshi's Island one? I freely admit to that one being a bit poorly optimized (that was one of the first things I made with RPM starting around 2014), but I'm curious on how it performs on others. One of the reasons for the demo is to see how well it runs on other setups, since I don't really have access to older computers ATM.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It occurs in all examples. I don't think it's an optimization issue since my computer is fairly beefy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My own PC is nothing mind-blowing (FX-8350, GTX 650Ti Boost, 8GB RAM), so now I'm really curious on how the slowdown is happening. I remember Fuuriokun having slowdown issues as well, but it was resolved after a restart. I hear Windows 10 (assuming you're using that) has been causing some issues with slowdown on some Fusion apps, so I'm not sure. Kinda wish I had some more PCs lying around to try it on personally. :X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've updated the files on itch.io with some changes, will try to get them on Clickstore soon-ish.

Also if you bought the ClickStore version, you can PM me with your first and/or last name and order number (to verify the purchase) and I can generate a download key for the Itch version. You'll need to register an account on Itch to claim the key, however.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast