User Tag List

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: RPM - Rage's Platform Movement

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first I thought you just got mad at me commenting and closed the thread D:

This could actually work, I mean, it has to work, I don't see a flaw with this approach.
    Have you saw how it behave walking on top of physics objects?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did take notice on how wonky it looks on a physics object. Those may require it's own type of deadzone it looks like. I'm still not sure if its because how the pixels turn out as it rotates (everything else seems fine) but it doesn't look good at all. I'll have to work that out the next time I get an update out there. We'll just need a disclaimer that says Angles look like crap on physics objects for right now. :P

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, haha, an deadzone will do it, but you're doing an awesome job.
    At least you're not like many people that upload something an never fix anything, you're doing even more than fixing. I really admire what you're doing!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you guys are trying to angle sprites based on the angle of the ground they're standing on, something like this might help you out: angle calculator1.mfa

could clamp the max angle it could go left or right using Range() so it doesn't hang off edges like that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's amazing, casleziro, thanks for joining in this thread!
    In your example, would be possible to make the sprite get closer to the ground when the character start to go up a slope?
    Because it happen to our version too, the sprite fly a little bit when start to go up a slope.

Edit: casleziro, have you saw that Sonic engine I posted above? It could help to improve this, maybe you can decipher the code.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think it must have been a case of a 'wrong click'. It can happen, I do it sometimes when I inline moderate from the forums. Just an accident.

Cool stuff btw

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I ripped the basics of the angle detection out of Sonic Worlds.

In my opinion, the way they do things is convoluted and can give you a headache pretty fast (it was definitely tons of "fun" tracking down all their callbacks and loops that seemed to be hidden 50 groups deep in opposite ends of the editor ). Results are fairly nice anyways though: sonic worlds angles.mfa

Simply put: they use the same concept my example does, only it rotates the L and R detectors in a circle around the player mask instead of leaving them fixed, and uses some math to interpolate the angle once it exceeds certain boundaries so the sprite appears to "tilt up" to the proper angle.

Make sure you set XSpeed of the player value object to whatever speed your character moves at in your engine before you calculate the angle, because that value determines how quickly the angle will interpolate when on steep slopes. I set it at line 8 in the .mfa.

The order of events in line 10 is important. If you change them it won't work.

Lines 28, 29 and 30 are where you would change how steep an angle should be before the interpolation happens.

If you need the detectors narrower or wider on the player mask, adjust their OffsetX and OffsetY values.

Because it is tied to several objects, and uses arbitrary values meant exclusively for the Worlds engine, it'll probably be fairly tough to implement into whatever you're using. I wish you luck though!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic job, casleziro
    I see what you meant with things exclusively for the Worlds engine, but it sure will help with something.
    It's hard to find open source fully featured engine like the Worlds engine, I may have some somewhere in my PC although.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cool work Casleziro,
    indeed the source material is pretty convoluted though!

Here's a very simple idea,
    that can be *vastly* improved (would probably require a couple additional detectors to work at full precision),
    but just to give a quick additional wiew on the subject:

sonic worlds angles_1.mfa

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another legend joins the thread, thanks for the help, schrodinger!
    Could you please explain what aditional detectors would do? Just the basics of how they could improve it.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast