User Tag List

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: RPM - Rage's Platform Movement

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thanks for the exaggeration Fuuriokun

I think the angle detection in that example could be improved (at least) in two ways:

1) the couple detectors would help in improving the current single detector precision in detecting the slope,
    since we are working with pixels things are quite rough, and a single detector misses/averages diagonal pixels too much in certain situations
    working with line intercepts (in pure math) would probably give best possible results,
    but then you'd also have to express your slopes in math way, and this could be considered unhandy
    (think of drawing your level profile as coordinates in a cartesian plane)

2) optimization - currently fires more loops than the ones really needed,
    both because there's a 1 degree step that may be too much precision since radius is very small,
    and because the loop is fired "blindly", starting from 270 degrees and going back/forth, while we should start from player current angle, and then go back forth, this would vastly reduce loops (and is very quick to do but I was in a rush )

(hope this talk is not driving the thread away from its original scope ragem - if so, sorry!)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really just wanted to say this one is really impressive. Just bought it because I was curious and it's so well made.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see, you did cleaned it up pretty good although, it help to understand what is going on.
    Do you have any suggestion for the engine in general?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, looking at your guy's examples made me realize how convoluted my method actually is. When I get back to working on RPM (taking a small break cause I'm tired of looking at it all day lol) I'll have to look into re-working my method to be a little less messy. I appreciate all of the help you guys are giving, I seriously wasn't expecting all of this!

Also Flugurion glad you enjoyed it! Really can't to try out Mongrel, it looks mighty impressive!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ragem, i just bought your template.
    I have a question .. it's complex to allow your template to run on mobile (ios and/or android)?
    Anyway awesome template and please continue to add new features and optimization to your template.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I can't say it was really optimized to run on mobile devices. I lacked any of the exporters until near the end of primary development (when Humble Bundle came out), and my current phone isn't really the best. Some examples ran pretty good on it (Greninja ran 60fps without a problem), others not so much (...Yoshi was a nightmare). I'm still not sure how it even runs on an iPhone/iPad yet. :P

Perhaps someone more versed on mobile optimization could take a look at it.

Thanks for the support!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ragem, thanks for reply!
    Listen i noticed a strange effect in the html5 version of your game.
    If you shoot/melee attack the sprite blink fast ... what can be? it's only my problem?
    Listen Ragem the very latest update (now Update 10-19-16) in the store is always "RPMRelease.zip"?
    Thanks again

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    news for UWP with RPM ? thx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if it's a problem with HTML5 or how I coded it, but it seems forcing an animation frame makes the sprite turn invisible if floats are used. It works fine on Android/Windows EXE exporters from what I tested but not there for some reason. Does any know if HTML5 actually supports this? Cause if not then that kind of kills part of the animation system. Using Forced Animation isn't required (you can use the default Fusion editor to time your animation instead), but that gets in the way of the Climbing animation which is dependent on it. It can likely be re-worked to not use it (just stop/start the animation if the player is moving), but reversing the motion might require an entirely separate animation to look right.

And yeah, maybe I should actually re-name the file next time I upload it. :P I've decided that I've made enough changes since release to consider the most recent version 1.1, so I'll change it up.

Haven't been able to test UWP yet. I seem to be missing Visual Studio on my end so I have to get my hands on it through my slow internet connection (my phone is my source of internet . I'm poor ok). I kinda lack a Xbox One so I'd only be able to see how it'd work on Windows 10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried UWP earlier, and I seem to get similar results to Android where some run great, and others kind of bad.

I did take note that the examples I made using more quick backdrops ran much smoother compared to the ones built mainly through a bunch of 32x32 tiles. I also noticed that the examples using the 32x32 tiles ran smoother when I disabled the Angle, Ground Correction, and Collision Detection groups (which are fast-loop dependent. Angle seems to be a huge source of it.). The catch is that I haven't figured out a way to optimize those without completely breaking its functionality. It also has that same error with the flickering sprites with Forced Animation float values. So far Windows EXE (after getting rid of physics objects/events and a certain event in the Metronome) give the best results, with Android slightly behind it.

Kinda wish I had the money to get those exporters when I first started. :P

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast