User Tag List

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: RPM - Rage's Platform Movement

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, here's a hotfix for Quick Turn, just change Max to Min and Min to Max:

This could be happening because my Walk XSpeedMax speed (40) is lower than my Decel speed (77), but I also haven't noticed any difference with Quick Turn on or off, perhaps because of the speed being different.

EDIT: this actually doesn't work since it breaks if you hold left and right down simultaneously! I think the quick speed could be quicker if it didn't have to reapply acceleration after the turn, I'm not sure where this could be set though (since RPM seems to work out the acceleration amount based on the turn somewhere else, Quick Turn current seems to just reduce deceleration immediately.

EDIT #2: with Quick Turn off, the player just keeps walking in the same direction, I'm not sure if that's intentional?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One last thing, if the obstacle above the crouching/crawling players head is quite short and the height detector is just above the top of the obstacle, the player will stand up and get stuck. Here's a clip: https://gfycat.com/somberilliteratefrillneckedlizard

When I did crouching, I checked the entire size of the player rather than just the very top of the player, since you need to test if the players full height can be accommodated rather than just the top of the player.

Just make sure the hotspot is in the right place (7 pixels from the top?) so you don't lose speed when hitting your head against a ceiling.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've hit a snag at trying to add extra force to the player. I've tried hacking in my own additional velocity method and also by raising the XSpeedMax (as dashing does) but for some reason, whenever any acceleration is applied by the player, the additional force is actually reduced, as if it's just totally ignoring any additional velocity added afterwards. The guide mentions external forces (such as wind) so I'm guessing the engine was intended to be able to handle extra velocity added, but I can't find a comfortable way of actually doing it?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, its been a long time coming but with a little push from @elvisish , I finally got off my ass and updated RPM Plus up to v2.1! I've addressed a few of the issues mentioned earlier, so hopefully nothing else broke in the process!

https://ragem.itch.io/rpm-rages-plat...ickteam-fusion

-Added the Player States Widget. This widget determines which actions the player is performing, and how long they're performing them. Examples include how long the player has been walking, if they wall jumped, if they fell through a platform, if they shorthop, and plenty of other options. This is meant to abstract and consolidate different values RPM uses into a single object so it's easier to check and understand different actions. The Angela player sprite now uses some of these states to determine if certain actions are possible. The widget will be added to the debugger at the start of the frame.

-Added support for the latest version of volCAMERA by Volnaiskra. If you own a copy, you can paste over certain events to enable its use in RPM. For further documentation on how to use volCAMERA, contact Volnaiskra on the Clickteam Forumsor on his website!

-Added the ability to toggle collision detection on Jump-Thru platforms. If Flag 31 is activated on any object in the Jump-Thru Platform group, collision detection will be ignored for that object.

-Added Enable Hold Jump to the Player Attributes Widget. This makes it so when the player holds the jump button, the mask will always jump when they land on the ground. This also applies to Wall Jumps.

-Added Aerial Crouch to the Player Attributes Widget.
    This simply allows you to perform a crouch even while airborne.

-Added QuickTurn Speed to the Player Attributes Widget. When Quick Turn is enabled, this adjusts how fast the player can turn around when they press the
    opposite direction. Originally this used a needlessly complex formula just to reapply the current Deceleration.

-Added BurstSpeed Deceleration to the Player Attributes Widget. Acceleration was modified so that it no longer applies if it's greater than the MaxXSpeed. This originally caused an issue where if the player continued to hold a direction, they would decelerate quicker than normal than if they made no input. RPM will now slow down the player using the BurstSpeed Deceleration value if they travel faster than normal.

-Modified the Ceiling Detector so now when the player crouches, the object itself will increase in size. This makes it easier for the object to detect any potential narrow platforms to keep the player crouched. This won't apply to any jump-thru slope
    platforms, as the Ceiling Detector helps determine if one can be landed on.

Note that the Crouching state in the mask's "Animations" was cropped. If you added anything that uses YTop on the mask, it will need to be adjusted.

-Modified Push-Out to factor in walking into a potentially tight corner. The mask will be nudged backwards slightly depending on what direction and sensors are
    overlapping the background.

-Fixed an issue where Jump Buffer didn't actually work at all. It can now be altered from the Player Attributes Widget, and is enabled by default.
    Jump Buffer allows the player a few extra frames to jump after they walk off of a platform. By default, RPM gives 6 frames.

-Fixed an issue where the mask could still be in the Crouching state during a Wall Slide if they did a Crouch Jump.

-Fixed an issue where the climbing animation wouldn't play properly if Crouch Jump was enabled in the Player Mask.

-Renamed Mercy Invunerability to iFrames

-MultiJump in the Player Attributes Widget is disabled by default, but can be re-enabled by simply changing the default MaxMultiJumps value.

-Automatic Detection in the Engine Widget is disabled by default. The default Ground and Top Detect values are now 4.

Per usual, the Clickstore Version will hopefully be up soon, but you can always PM me with your name and order number if you want an itch.io key!

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I'm sorting out a few bugs with the next RPM Plus, I've decided to release a little something else...

The very first version of RPM from 2016 is now a free download! A lot of the internals of RPM have changed over the years, so figured it was time to show off a bit more of what it could do back in its heyday to the public. The catch of course is that it will be released as-is with zero support or bug fixes.
    Attached files Attached files

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ragem View Post
    While I'm sorting out a few bugs with the next RPM Plus, I've decided to release a little something else...

The very first version of RPM from 2016 is now a free download! A lot of the internals of RPM have changed over the years, so figured it was time to show off a bit more of what it could do back in its heyday to the public. The catch of course is that it will be released as-is with zero support or bug fixes.
    Really awesome, and thanks so much for the tireless work you’ve done to RPM lately, it’s really becoming the ultimate platform widget for Fusion!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    Really awesome, and thanks so much for the tireless work you’ve done to RPM lately, it’s really becoming the ultimate platform widget for Fusion!
    Thanks for your support, and especially for all the help you've been providing getting RPM back up to speed!

Oh, and I got new update for you all. It's got some important fixes I kind of overlooked before, and I added a few other little things too!

-Added BoostX to the Player Mask, BoostX Decel to the Player Attributes Widget, and PlayerBoosting to the Player States Widget. This is an additional layer of speed that can stack on top of the current XSpeed of the player. Use Num.Pad 4 and 6 for a temporary boost in speed. This utilizes the RePosX feature of the Attributes Widget, so keep that in mind if you use it for something else. Note that by default RPM will not apply any animations while boosting, so special animations need to be manually added.

-Added a simple Wind Tunnel gadget that pushes the player upwards. If you hold the jump button, the player can launch out higher.

-Redid the Ceiling Detector scaling to factor in different mask sizes. The Engine Widget now records the mask's original width and height at the start of the frame to determine how large the detector should be when the player crouches. The ceiling detector ideally should be about 6 pixels high.

-The size of the mask when crouching was adjusted to be 12 pixels by default, or half of the original size.

-RePosX/RePosY will no longer apply if a detector collides with a wall, as opposed to relying only on pushout.

-Pushout strength (forcing the mask out of scenery) can now be modified in the Engine Widget.

-The default Ground Correction Loops value is now 30.

-The default Stick To Ground value is now 3.

-Fixed an issue where the mask would sometimes be pushed back a few pixels if you jumped into a wall.

-Fixed an issue where disabling Player Collisions didn't actually disable all collisions.

-Fixed an issue where using Player Pause would still add towards FloatX/FloatY, which would hinder collisions and the camera.

-Fixed an issue where the Climbing animation wouldn't play if Ignore Player Pause was active.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AWesome stuff! I was just about to drop in and ask for a the updated volCamera.
    Whats the best way to add the update to an already existing project?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    I can confirm latest volcam 1.5 works with this, I believe I just had to add in an extra group that took the settings and applied them before the actual VolCam code.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    Disable the old RPM code and paste in the updated version to see how your project functions. You'll likely need to either replace or add in the new widgets, which is easily accessible from the Blank template. The Engine Widget, Player Attributes Widget, and Player Mask/Detectors typically receive the bulk of changes, especially in the latest release. You can compare and add in the new values manually if you wish. The least painless way to update RPM is to have most of your player actions buried in Behaviors or in Global Events, then you can delete and replace everything with the Blank template without Fusion completely destroying the code.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast