User Tag List

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: RPM - Rage's Platform Movement

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    volCAMERA contains custom qualifiers, you probably have edited them and clicked OK. Press Ctrl+Shift when you click the EDIT button in the Qualifiers property, you'll be prompted if you want to reset them. Answer Yes and then save the MFA, it will be loadable by old versions of Fusion. I've just tested.

Also not sure how true it is or not, but I hear 2.5+ .mfas won't load in standard 2.5 even if they don't use any 2.5+ features?
    Not true, they can be loaded with old versions if they don't use custom qualifiers, child events, or qualifiers in global events or behaviors.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ragem View Post
    @zip2kx could you try sending an .MFA of the issue you're having? The player seems to be able to dash in all 8 directions on my end. Granted by default RPM uses X for Dash/Fire 2 but changing to Shift didn't seem to make a difference. Haven't noticed any pauses either. Which version of RPM are you using?

@elvisish I haven't gotten my hands on VACCiNE just yet, but once I do (and figure out how to apply it) apart I'll definitely get in contact with @Volnaiskra as far as including part of it with a later RPM update.

Also not sure how true it is or not, but I hear 2.5+ .mfas won't load in standard 2.5 even if they don't use any 2.5+ features? Could put a slight damper on updating the older RPM unless there's an easy way to toggle between the two versions. :V
    Any plans to add built-in VACCiNE support yet? If not, it's probably not too difficult to switch out the existing RAGE controller events to use VACCiNE instead?

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha sorry about that! I...kinda put RPM on hiatus for a while to focus on other things.

I haven't looked through VACCINE's code yet, but presumably there should be events that check to see what input is made. You should be able to replace the ones I made with the Player Input Object with whatever VACCINE uses. Whether or not it'll be included in RPM will largely depend on how easily it can be "layered" on top of what I already have, specifically for those who do not have or want to use it (similar to how volCAMERA was implemented).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    I bought your RPM and VolCamera versions, everything works perfectly.
    ...for vaccine, it seems difficult. But not impossible in view of your talent !
    keep good work...

Could you have an example of a charachter 'swiming', I cannot force the movement into animation = swim ?
    my movements are up, down, left, right ...
    can you give me some help that will unlock my situation...

The objective is that when I go down in the water the animation 'swimdown' starts with the animation in speed 10. A
    rghhh, it's been more than two evenings that 'I tear my hair out'
    excuse my UK
    Thank you so much

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @metztli , appreciate the support!

If you want to use custom animations, the easiest way is to set "ActivateDefaultAnimations" to 0 in the Animation Control widget while in water. This prevents RPM from playing the characters default animations like Run/Jump/Stand/etc. and allows you to play your own animations instead (i.e. the Attack animations for the included Angela character). You can also deactivate "Direction" to manually set the direction of where you want the player sprite to face. By default RPM sets the direction left or right based on the current movement speed (unless you enable 8 Direction in the Mask object).

You can also use "ActivateCustomAnimation" which allows you to manually control the animation speed, length, and loop when you play any specified animation. I've been a bit tied up with other things as of late so I really haven't been able to give RPM much focus, but I'll see about getting some sort of example worked up once time allows.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your quick response, I searched and found the solution.
    Your help me understand something, thank you very much.

Here is the result : https://youtu.be/MrLb4Q7-REs

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ragem another quick question, @Volnaiskra 's VolCam has been updated recently with camera marshalls, look-up/down, drunkcam, etc, how easy is it to integrate the new version with rage?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I've managed to get it working by changing some parts around (relatively simple but took a while to get set-up). Is there a way to disable the jump hold height? I'd like all jumps to be a fixed height whether tapped or held, is this easily possible?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also (sorry!) is there a way of doing continuous jumping where the button is held down and the character repeatedly jumps each time it touches the ground? I've been looking through, but just taking out the 'jump hold time < than jump buffer' breaks volcam (it needs to think I've touched the ground otherwise the camera does track correctly, whereas the continuous jump doesn't register the ground).

Finally, can jump height be set between 1 and 2 as a float? I'd like to fine tune jump height as the other float-based values can be set to quite fine amounts.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once more (really sorry!) Quick Turn actually breaks crawling turning and 8-direction turning entirely, I'll see if I can hotfix it but this is certainly not intended! I'm not actually sure if Quick Turn is working properly, I've tried swtching the events from the stock RPM .mfa and it doesn't seem to be any different to if Quick Turn is on, trying to figure out why.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast