User Tag List

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: RPM - Rage's Platform Movement

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For hotspots, the Group.Player option assumes the hotspot of your character sprite is located at the bottom-center (i.e. the Feet) to place the sprite on the Mask. However, you can modify the default hotspot position by editing the Mask object instead. So if your character sprite was setup to use the hotspot in the center of the player, you can simply place the hotspot of the mask object in the center. Be sure to also edit the "Crouch Down" animation slot in the Mask as well (and keep the gap as well, as the ceiling detector uses YTop to position itself!). If you're using a physics object (placed in Group.2), you'll typically keep that in the center so it can rotate properly. The other groups have no specific requirement for hotspots.

As far as group combos go, there are indeed a few things to note:

-Group.0 (Solid Object) and Group.1 (Jump-Thru Object) obviously can't work together since 0 overrides everything.
    -Group.0 can also be a bit weird if you use it with Group.2 (Physics) since it can throw off the mask's slope detection (use Group.1 instead)
    -Group.1 is the most versatile group, as it can be combo'd with Group.2, Group.3, and Group.4 (Moving Object)
    -Group.2 automatically adds collisions to any physics objects in this group. Can be combo'd with Group.1 and Group.4. Wonky with Group.0
    -Group.3 (Ladder Object) only works well with Group.1, which lets the mask stand on top of it. Any other group won't work well with it.
    -Group.4 makes objects ride-able for the mask, but needs to be paired with Group.0 or Group.1 to actually work.
    -Group.5 (Link to Mask) shouldn't be used with any other group, since its mainly for new detectors.

Ideally the mask should be about the same size as the character itself, as it defines its boundaries/hitbox. Theoretically the mask can be whatever size you want (the collision detection is loop-based, moving the object itself), but you need to adjust the width of the Floor and Ceiling Detectors to match the mask, otherwise Jump-Thru Platforms and Crouching won't work as intended.

You can use a physics object without adding it to Group.2, but it won't look for any collisions (although the mask will still react to it). Group.2 also allows the physics objects to pause, by adding an additional Static movement to it. Click on the +/- button when selecting a movement type to add one. It seems not every physics type will pause though, would be nice if that option was built-in. :P Really depends on what you're trying to go for though.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a new update (v1.1.03) available on itch. Also submitted it to Clickstore which should be up there soon-ish (which missed a few updates):

-Added "Enable Wall Push" to the Player Attributes object. When enabled, this allows the mask to retain its XSpeed when walking towards the wall (it won't physically pass through). This makes it easier to add a pushing animation, and push other objects. A simple push-block gadget was added to the Super Basic Level

-Added "Wide Mask Fix" to the Engine Control object. This option fixes an error where the mask could potentially "hang" if it touched the edge of a ceiling. This usually only occurs if the player mask is fairly wide.

-As a result of the above, how the mask handles wall collisions was re-done in the Update X Position group. If you made any modifications to these events, you'll need to adjust it again to reflect the new method.

-Added "Disable X/Y Scroll" to the Master Camera object. When active, the camera will no longer follow the camera on that axis.

-Disabled "Full Overlap" by default in the Push-Out group, due to some potential collision errors. A full overlap is very situational so you can activate it whenever you need it.

-Modified Shantae in the Character Examples file to hard-lock the camera on her position, and play her walking animation if the player walks into the wall (i.e. just like the actual games )

I think after this update I should look into getting more character examples rolling.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    http://www.clickteamfused.com/blog/c...alendar-day-3/ - RPM now with 25% off in the Clickteam Advent (for 1 day only!)
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold! *kaching!*

I still hadn't checked this out, but just tried the Yoshi demo now - seems impressive. I'm certain there'll be lots of useful stuff in there that I can use for Spryke.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for Wall Push object. Very useful. Awesome!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, the mobile version is really bad at editing posts. It prefers to delete posts instead...

Anyways, glad you like it! Admittedly pushing a block is something I should've added at the start, but better late than never. :P Still gotta get grabbing objects in there sometime...

looking forward to checking out Spryke! Its looking really damn good. Hopefully RPM might have a few features you might find handy. don't forget to check out the character example file on Itch as well!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say thank you for the amazing engine! I'm one of those people that started with the last Humble Bundle and I've just bought your engine from the Clickteam store after some thoughts, seems like the perfect choice for the game that I've always desired to make. Hope to see future basic multiplayer support and rolling states, everything is better with DKC rollings Great work, thanks again!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ragem,

Thank you for taking so much time to create something like this for Clickteam users! I haven't bought the engine yet, but as soon as I get Christmas money I will. I just have a question as a newer user to Clickteam. I read through every post in this thread and see a lot of TGF users commenting and helping work out some expected kinks. As not having so much experience in altering fastloops and variables etc, how easy is this engine to use and implement? I use the PMO right now, is this engine better to use for platforms?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a problem. Glad you could find a use for my engine. Can't wait to see what you can come up with! For the rolling, off the top of my head you could probably use a timer and a flag that makes it so when you hit your dash button, the player increases their XSpeed for a bit before settling down to a regular dash speed. Something worth trying in the future. :V

As far as editing the engine, I wanted to make it so you don't really need to go under the hood TOO much to do something with it. I've included a series of widgets that alter certain functions of the engine such as allowing your character to jump/run/crouch/etc, pause the game, alter animation states, and more. One thing I wanted to do to separate this from the PMO was to include a bunch of features already pre-built (moving platforms, animation system, reaction to physics objects, etc) rather than have to add them yourself. You can get something basic going simply by adding your character sprite to a certain group, and RPM does the rest. I've also commented on most of the events to give you a better understanding on what the event does, just in case you want to alter something under the hood.

Of course the PMO does have the edge on exporter support and simplicity on adding it to multiple objects. Nothing stopping you from using features from both RPM and PMO together. :V

Speaking of which, I've updated RPM to v1.2 on itch.io, which now includes an oft request feature...:

-Added a basic 2-Player template. Most features were able to be transferred over, but there may be some more issues. This is still considered experimental for now, but feel free to play around with it. For future reference, not all new features may be added to the 2-Player version.

-Fixed an issue where the mask could potentially warp backwards if it touched a solid moving object before colliding with any other object.

Once again if you only have the ClickStore version, just PM me with your order details and I'll PM you an itch.io key, at least until it hits the ClickStore.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to see you experimenting with 2 players! That was one of my requested features

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast