User Tag List

Thread: Do you think I can run my game on MAC?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think I can run my game on MAC?

Hi, I dont have MAC myself I am not experienced with this platform. The thing is I ma developing game for win (which is only platform) that CTF allows by default.

People asked me if my game will run on MAC. And I cant answer that question ! I am using extensions like platform movement object, fullscreen object, etc. Will I ever be able to make some MAC port of game ? /my programming knowledge is equal to zero.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now there is no way to get a mac runtime out the box. You have to look into Wine. Wine is sort of like an emulator that converts things to run nativly in os x. But it requires some playing with settings and things but if you're serious about it, that's the only way and u can hire people to build it for you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clickteam has an official Mac port of the CT Fusion 2.0 editor coming, at least I believe it's still in beta testing. For an unofficial solution you could always try a third party solution like Wine Bottler which has a wizard which will package a WINE runtime with your application together in the .APP format that will run on most modern Macs. However you need a Mac to use it

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think Wine Bottler is a great idea -- I used it and it was easy to use.

If your going to make a game for a platform -- You really need access to the platform to make sure everything is good to go.
    If you don't have access you need to look into something like HTML5 that, in theory, runs everywhere.

That being said -- HTML5 can be different on different browsers and not all browser run it as well as some other browser do.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mac port Rachel mentioned is available today on the humble bundle. It's a steal at $15 or so.

Details have been scant about it so far, but I believe it will export to Mac

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I think I will look at Wine Bottler.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you can!

1. Buy the debut of the Clickteam Fusion 2.5 Mac Editor for $15 from the Clickteam Humble Bundle - only a few days left. http://community.clickteam.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=98813
    2. Buy, borrow or rent a Mac online at macincloud http://www.macincloud.com/pricing/compare. Prices start at $1 per hour or 20$ per month.
    3. Open your .mfa file in the Mac editor and export to Mac.

I just installed the Mac Editor and exported a game, and it worked brilliantly on my mac mini

There are many extensions which are compatible with the Mac including the Platform Movement Object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I've been using WineSkin, Going to get the bundle in a bit

Is the Web View Object or an alternative available for the Mac runtime?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Web View Object works only with iOS, Android and Windows as far as I can tell. These are the supported extensions:

Active Backdrop
    Active Picture
    Active and Background System Boxes
    Advanced Direction
    Advanced Gameboard
    Advanced Path Movement
    All the Physics extensions and movements
    All the Clickteam movements and their controllers
    Array
    Button
    Combo Box
    Create By Name