User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mobile ports is not match with runtime . I'm really tired...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mobichan

Actually I started my game on Android base . As I said my problem is different between runtime and mobile show and I don't know where is my wrong because everything is OK in runtime.
    In easy games like Mario style and with PMO object we have less bugs or nothing . But in full custom platforming I see strange bugs on mobiles .

Anyway...

A)I used all custom animation movements in one object only . Did you recommend split some motions like swim or shootings to new active objects as destroy previous and add new or vise versa ? Is it will be more help to less bugs?
    B) I used fastloops instead For Each loops . Did you recommend use For Each only?
    C) I still don't know how read fusion events . I write all games in one frame . Above all of events I write all function for character movements After that Inventory and other HUD and final puzzles of game and rooms functions . All of them is in groups . Is it correct method ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are your problems performance related? Or simply you get buggy results in your player movement? Without seeing your code it is hard to understand the problems.

As for loops, I have no problems using both fast loop and for each loops in the same project. But you should try using for each loops on operations you do often that are processor intensive ( for example: distance checks between objects). But if performance isn't the problem then you probably are fine without changing your loops or groups.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Performance is OK . Problem is about movements . It missed some custom animates . I use all animations in one active object (More than 50) .Is splitting to many active object help to less buggy?

I appreciate for any answer to 'C' question .

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my suggestion, is find an experienced person you can trust, and show your code to that person who is willing to help track problems or offer suggestions.
    * the active picture method, would require an whole game rewrite.~sometimes you may have to rewrite from scratch on a few occasions.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have actives with nearly 50 animations in them. That shouldn't be a problem. It does mean that every animation frame is loaded into memory when that active is present. But unless you have 10+ enemies with that level of animation complexity running at once, I don't think you will have any problems. but since your problem is not performance related, the animation discussion is not important. If your problem is movement code, then that is a problem most likely related to your coding. Or rather, some coding style that the mobile devices don't like.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember that I once coded something for a Windows & Android game and I did some comparing stuff. Sometimes I noticed that >= and > was both possible on Windows to get the exactly same thing, but for Android only >= did the job. I assume this means that you really have to code things differently for Android sometimes. You just have to find the events causing the issues and replace them with Android compatible events.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mobichian

Yes , Problem is about coding . Not Windows as it's for Android . But there is not any error output log for Fusion and not error in Android runtime mode . So how can I get debugging my game ? Indeed my knowledge is low that which exporters use right events . Is any way for find compatibility codes ?

@ Wodjanoi

Strange !!! . I have many this similar events . What can we do when there is not any log error as work perfect in computer ? Did you can guess where is wrong when you couldn't see anything ? I can't.
    We really need to great debugger from Clickteam or a full manual for Exporters conditions . I saw many many Fusion mobile games and almost was easy games so exporters works fine on them .But make upper intermediate games for mobiles is will be with strange buggy .

p.s : Please test this simple inventory example ( Thanks for Sparckman tutorial base ) on Android devise . There is not any array even but doesn't work for me on my cellphone
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3skl1vnwvi...start.mfa?dl=0

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After looking at the mfa, is your problem that you are trying to use the virtual controls and aren't getting anything to happen? All your movements use inbuilt clickteam movements, so I can't really help you out. I never use inbuilt movements, but it seems to run exactly the same on my Android tablet as it does on Windows. It just seems like the code is not completely written yet to make things work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 direction movement is not problem . Inventory doesn't work . In mfa file I used Shift and Ctrl key and in touch control , button1 and 2 for appear and shooting . Both doesn't work for me in Android. Did you see any problem or hard coding in this example?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly can't make the shooting work on PC either. It just looks like you haven't coded the inventory correctly. This is just badly made code, not a problem with an exporter. Maybe you need to explain what the inventory should be doing and we can help with a fix or an example. Inventories can work a million ways...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast