User Tag List

Thread: A bug or perhaps there's something I don't understand.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation A bug or perhaps there's something I don't understand.

Hey,

I'm developing in resolution of 640x360 (16:9, same ratio as 1280x720, 1920x1080).

I'm mainly using the "fit inside" option, it works and adjusts correctly in windowed mode.
    However I want to go "real fullscreen" because the performance is way better, so I tick the necessary options and set screen ratio tolerance to 0, to maintain the aspect ratio.

I launch the game and I can see that the resolution changes, I set counters in my game and the resolution seems to be 1176x664. Eh, that's not quite 16:9, close, but still wrong.
    Also the game doesn't fill the screen but adds black borders around. This still looks "alright" but I'd like it to fill the screen like it is supposed to, and obviously switch to a correct resolution.

To my understanding, with my current settings, the game tries to find the closest possible resolution of 640x360, in this case it should be 1280x720.
    640 / 360 = 1,777777777777778
    1280 / 720 = 1,777777777777778
    1176 / 664 = 1,771084337349398

Right, switching the resolution isn't ideal either. So, would it be possible to do something like "fit inside" option, but in "real fullscreen"?
    We would get the performance boost and the game would nicely adapt to any resolution.

Oh, and with "real fullscreen" I actually mean "real fullscreen", not windowed fullscreen which is just basically maximized window.

Like said, not sure if I'm doing something wrong, though it really sounds like another bug. Should I report this...?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what's your monitor's native resolution?

It seems to me that with your settings, it should ideally try to resize the monitor to 640x360, not 1280 x 720. After all, isn't that what you're telling it to do: to run the game at 640x360?

So maybe it tries to go as small as it can, which is 1176x664 on your monitor? Just a theory...

If I can ask, why are you making your game in such a small resolution, if you're wanting it to be displayed at 720p and 1080p? Even if it works, it's going to look very muddy in fullscreen - not to mention if someone plays on a 4K monitor. My game is currently native at 1080p, yet already it starts to look a little muddy on my new 1440p monitor.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm developing in 640x360 so I can have more animation and cause it's lighter to work on. 16:9 is still the most commonly used aspect, so it should scale to that perfectly.
    I once developed in 1080p with Fusion but it was sluggish, it's no good for the flow, thus the small resolution.

Well, since I set the "ratio tolerance" to 0, it shouldn't switch to any other ratio, 1176x664 is slightly off, thus different ratio.
    It should look your computer resolutions and see what is the closest resolution that has identical ratio, and switch to that, in this case it should be 1280x720.

I don't use anti-aliasing so it doesn't look that muddy and the art-style I'm after sort of "benefits" from everything being "sharp", pixelated in this case.

I'm actually developing with 4k monitor and everything looks just fine on windowed fullscreen. For performance I want to do the same, but for real fullscreen.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried the ultimate fullscreen extension?

Not sure if it will fix your issue but it's worth a try.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UFS has nothing to do with real fullscreen, and I have no problems with windowed fullscreen. Thanks though.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried different ratio tolerances though? By forcing it to 0, you're giving Fusion's calculations no wiggle room, which might be causing this strange behaviour

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I tried, however it shouldn't matter as 640x360 is identical to 1280x720, 1920x1080 etc.
    I guess this is another bug with Fusion, I'll post this to bug-tracker at some point and keep my fingers crossed it wont take for too long to get fixed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey Jesse,
    I never played with resolutions much so I may be of little help,
    but I just tried doing some experiments, will report my figures:

looks like my monitor (natively 1600x900)
    completely hates when you set it to fullscreen-change resolution-fill window-keep ratio- 0 tolerance
    and 640x360 screen size
    the screen is completely off-centered (shifts to the left)

using an higher screen size (1280x720) it works fine

while if I allow some tolerance (but a not-so-small number, say 20%)
    640x360 works fine also!
    (no black bars, screen perfectly centered and fits the monitor)

Dont' know what may be the cause,
    wondering if it's a resolution too low the monitor is not built to perform on?
    (mine won't suggest anything below 800x600)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey schrodinger, thanks for the answer!

I'm using both "Resize to fill window size" and "fit inside", these naturally affects as well.

However (640 / 360) or (1280 / 720) or (1920 x 1080) etc. = 1,777777777777778
    And when screen ratio tolerance is set to 0 it shouldn't switch to any other ratio, simple as that.

Though it seems there are still some lag in real fullscreen as well so maybe I'll just forget about using it.