User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ghostwood project (WIP - demo)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ahh, Frontier, I still remember I read about it in old press of the times, it was considered a "miracle",
    but I never got my hands on that, I had a too weak machine then
    would have loved played it at the time.

Anyway - yeah, Frontier modeling style would be definitely doable,
    (it is already, with "custom shapes" and "shared center of rotations", although extremely awkward)
    a modeling tool easing that job could be done and be useful.
    Also, if you don't use textures, you don't get in the "keep ratios" issue of non-perspective texture scaling,
    and you can theorically go whatever odd proportions/sizes you want.

As for Mario, I *think* we are already getting to a high polycount,
    if you consider you'd have to add many more polygons for the environment,
    but if you only go with a single character and not much more, it could probably do...

Well, we'll see, it would be interesting making some experiments on some limited modeling
    and implementing some "grouping" function for moving "parts",
    but I don't know if/when...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, that second video was for Super Smash Bros., which is actually a fighting game with various Nintendo characters. Not only does that mean that it has more than Mario characters, but it also means that the environments are actually able to use a fairly low polygon counts, and that there aren't very many 3D models other than the characters and the environments, which means that P3D might be able to get away with something somewhat close to it (even if it only runs at 30FPS and/or uses a lower polygon count and/or smaller arenas). I'm already quite aware that something like Super Mario 64 would probably go well over the limit.

Anyways, it's interesting to hear that 3D models are technically already possible, even if it's rather difficult to do. All the more reason to look forwards to the somewhat improved implementation that they may possibly get in the future, I guess.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Schrodinger your talent has no bounds, your game is outstanding

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tank you aenever, you're too kind as usual!

@hgf: yeah - if you see the "enemy" spaceship in the starflight example, that's made of three primitives (three cubes, one fr the body and two for the wings of the vessel) so it's a -very basic- model, and all three elements move and rotate holding together, across a shared common center. Though if you look at events, it's a bit counterintuitive and awkward to do, currently. Needless to say, with "custom shapes" (= modified meshes for pointy shapes etc) would be extremely awkward, because would require one single element x mesh, about 17 polygons to rotate move individually in this very basic situation...).
    Anyway, you triggered some refreshing in my brain about this , I may be doing some experiments, if something usable pops out, I could consider publishing it as an external module, so I could have easier times updating/fixing. In case of relevant news, I'll be pulling up the P3D thread to talk of this in detail (as well as the terrain engine). As always, thanks for the input/ideas meanwhile!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The terrain looks very good, if it can be implemented in P3D even better, your Ghostwood looks very slick, and yes, those 3D sprites! How on earth do they work? The trees and rocks are very smooth.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very slick, can't believe this was made with Fusion! Needless to say, outstanding job. :P

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys!
    I'm glad you found it nice, I'm trying to gather some atmosphere with the limited tools we have
    (and of course, doing in 25 events limited it still a bit more - but now for following updates I will release more power in more events! )
    Don't want to make it a "huge" game with lots of content/things to do,
    but with some more features and touches it could maybe become a little "real" game in the near future.

@ jamesnansen:
    sprites were made with a 3D software,
    I rotated models by 360 degrees and exported each single degree of rotation as single animation frame
    (that's an automated task for many 3D modeling / rendering softwares, of course!)
    so I basically have 360 animation frames for each object
    (a bit more for the evil witch, she has also walking cycles, in case you met her )

This causes the bigger loading bulk.
    Would like to improve this even more, adding more animations for moving things, and maybe more "viewpoints"
    I can still use directions and different animations to store more... so far trees and everything just use a single animation/single direction (with 360 frames)
    but then file size and loading times would grow, have to find some compromise!

I'm working to plug the terrain engine in P3D (and improve it with additional features),
    it will be somewhat limited (I think I can realistically make it work only for first person view and possibly isometric,
    changing viewpoint would break the illusion) but this could be a good option to cut down polygons on ground,
    which was by far the most intensive job for the engine if you had a "wide" playground
    (plus rounded hills look nice and more realistic!)
    Anyway I will bring up the P3D thread (hopefully) soon with additional details and some nice news

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2