User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stopping my PC from going to sleep

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stopping my PC from going to sleep

When I am using a gamepad for all inputs, my PC is not detecting that any keys are being pressed. This causes my screen saver or sleep mode to kick in after a few minutes of playing. Is there a simple way to simulate a key press on a timer so that this doesn't happen. I figure simulating the SHIFT key might be the least intrusive.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    making a little tool with the ControlX object maybe?

(simulate keypress down - simulate key release)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh. Control X was what I should have been looking at. I decided to simulate the mouse moving 2 pixels to the right and then back 2 pixels to the left. That should be completely unintrusive. Thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you can use a little program called mouse jiggler (remember to check the "Zen jiggle" option

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except I don't want this to happen to people who play my game. And requiring them to install some third party app is not a good solution imo.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I just meant for you. I've never heard of this being an issue for anyone before. Though I wonder if it's because phantom keypresses are employed in most games to prevent it. If so, maybe I need to think about doing the same.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually have it happen often when not using Joy2Key. So I wanted to avoid any of my players possibly running into it. I think it is because I use a PS2 controller with some old Chinese adapter and drivers. But you never know what players are using (especially retro game players) so better safe than sorry.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idk if that helps, but do something outside the frame.. like move a box every 2 minutes? Idk if that even works in your case.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perry, the problem is that Windows wants some kind of input or else the screensaver/sleep mode kicks in. Objects moving in an F2.5 app won't meet that requirement. But my solution above is working.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK here are my views on this as it touches on things which some game makers just don't take into account.
    The power config profile is at the users discression not a game makers.
    If I want my laptop to conserve battery or if I have defaults on then that's my look out.
    You can change the settings or use control X but it's not a good move on your part to keep the machine from going to sleep or locking as this will also be a security risk too.
    If a user expects the computer to lock or goto sleep after not playing the game or switching to do some work in the middle of a game and you have set the mouse or keyboard to do things without the users knowledge then you are putting yourself in a very bad place.

Just set the machine to not go to sleep in the power config. Problem solved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast