User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do I handle GPGS login failure

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I handle GPGS login failure

I am trying to make it so If the player refuses to login, they are never bothered by the login again. I was trying to do this by saving an ini value: 0 = first time logging in, 1 = login successful and future logins will be automatic, 2 = login was cancelled and the app will never ask to login again.

Can someone give me an idea on how to approach this? i tried something like:

(Ini value = 0 by default)

+Start of Frame
    + Ini value = 0
    + Is local player authenticated (NEGATE)
    + Is running as Android application

+Start of Frame
    + Ini value = 1
    + Is local player authenticated (NEGATE)

+ Is local player authenticated
    --Set Ini value to 1

+ ??? <---------------What should this be?
    --Set Ini value to 2

The problem is I am not sure how to detect if the player has dismissed the login dialogue popup. Is this something I would use "intents" for? Can anyone offer a suggestion. This behavior is actually a google guideline, so it is kind of important for a chance at featuring.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    in the example in the first frame is showed how to do it using the event condition instead of variables

on login successful

should be also need to add on login failed if something wrong happens
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, the Help file is missing the condition "On In-box UI Closed" so I had no idea what that was used for. Can I assume it is for the Log In UI Box being closed by a cancel? Or is it any time the box is closed, even by selecting a valid account name?

Also, I suggest you change the condition to read "On Log In UI Box closed" since that is how it is referred to in the action to call the Log In UI Box to appear?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    mm did you updated from CS?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the properties of the object say V-1.0 in the Android Options tab. The install file is called "GPGObjects_V101_ForFusionBuild287orAbove_2.ex e". I just reinstalled it to be sure.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seems to be some odd behavior now with the Ini value I am saving. On Start of Frame I check if an Ini value is 0 or 1. If I cancel the login, that value is set to 2. I have a debug counter on screen set to the ini value. When I cancel the login (which causes a Failed Login condition to return true) the Ini value changes to 2. If I immediately shut down the app from the app manager and load it up again, the debug counter shows a value of 1 (not 2 which is the last value it was set to). Can you explain why this would happen? I need the app to remain in a state where it never tries to log in again if the user cancelled a login. The only way that should allow a log in again is to press the achievement button or login manually on the device settings screen.

I am attaching a screenshot of my login code: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3X...ew?usp=sharing

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    you need to post a small mfa and a bug report and I will check.

how are the INI properties set? regarding the saving folder and name?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you mean the properties of the Ini object itself, the "Name" field is blank, "Create Ini in application folder" is UNCHECKED and "UTF-8" is CHECKED. I use an ini that is in the Binary Data Elements, so I simply call the name of it as you can see in line 160 of the image I sent. There is really no other code for Ini or login anywhere else in the frame. But I can make a simpler file and add it to bugbox.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug reported here: http://bugbox.clickteam.com/issues/3834

Files are in the bug report.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobichan View Post
    FYI, the Help file is missing the condition "On In-box UI Closed" so I had no idea what that was used for. Can I assume it is for the Log In UI Box being closed by a cancel? Or is it any time the box is closed, even by selecting a valid account name?

Also, I suggest you change the condition to read "On Log In UI Box closed" since that is how it is referred to in the action to call the Log In UI Box to appear?
    I know this is an old post, but did you ever figure this out? I have no idea what to do if somebody dismisses the login UI box. It doesn't count as a login failure or error, but it also isn't a login success. If somebody connects to GPG and then dismisses the login box my app will just sit on a blank screen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast