User Tag List

Thread: Simplest way to add/extract 100+ files to/from binary?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simplest way to add/extract 100+ files to/from binary?

Is there a quick and easy way to do this? I need to upload a few sets of 100+ files to be extracted if the user accidentally deleted them.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds odd. You have no backup and need the files back?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the files, I just need to come up with a way of including them in the program.exe and then extracting them to the user's machine if they're missing. They're .ini and .txt files for default or custom levels. Each user has a folder in APPDATA/MY PROGRAM/USERNAME where their custom levels are stored along with all the default levels. The user can modify a default level, writing over the one created at installation. I need to have a method of restoring them all if the user chooses to do so. So from clicking the restore button, I need to dump all the .ini and .txt files from the program.exe into that directory.

I can't seem to figure out a solid method. I'm not great with this binary stuff.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No easier way other than to add them one at a time. Maybe make a feature request?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no method that doesn't take some effort, you'll have to add the files as binary data manually, but I believe you can add several files at a time. As for extracting them, I believe the easiest way would be the following:

1) Add the paths of all files to a list, the full path to each file where they are when you build your application.
    2) Save the list contents to a file and include this file as binary as well.
    3) When you need to extract the files, load the list file into the list object and run a loop through the list to extract each file with the path stored in the each line.

Note: You can just use the list object to add all the file paths from within fusion, it beats adding each file manually.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simplest way to add/extract 100+ files to/from binary?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrille View Post
    There's no method that doesn't take some effort, you'll have to add the files as binary data manually, but I believe you can add several files at a time. As for extracting them, I believe the easiest way would be the following:

1) Add the paths of all files to a list, the full path to each file where they are when you build your application.
    2) Save the list contents to a file and include this file as binary as well.
    3) When you need to extract the files, load the list file into the list object and run a loop through the list to extract each file with the path stored in the each line.

Note: You can just use the list object to add all the file paths from within fusion, it beats adding each file manually.
    Yeah, that's about what I'm doing with it at this point. A FileList looped through, extracting each file quickly.

One last question: What event do you use to extract the file? I've been loading them into Rich Edit and then saving the text file but there's gotta be a way to just extract the file without messing with it. I'm just unfamiliar with the binary processes.