User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does the UWP exporter support Live features?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the UWP exporter support Live features?

Hi

As the title said, does the UWP exporter support Live features? Live feature implementation is mandatory for releasing on XBox One (minimum Rich Presence, Achievements, and Cloud Saving).

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not yet -- Still working on some performance improvements with it and then get the extension SDK for it complete.
    After that time extensions could be created for features like that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there an ETA on that? Also, you might want to point that out in the description, since you can't actually use the UWP exporter to create XBox One games before such features are available.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    UWP is still a work in progress with Microsoft so much is left to change and be done.
    Right now its still in an experimental phase so you can't release games yet but you can play them on your xbox yourself.

Hopefully this gets all sorted out this fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, but honestly, If I'm purchasing an exporter for $199 stating it allows me to run my games on an XBox, I'm expecting it to be able to publish as well. Seems reasonable, no? Also, don't mean to disparage your work, I understand things take time.

I'm in the ID@Xbox program, and the answer I got when I specifically asked if Live features are mandatory for UWP apps that's what they told me. You at minimum have to support Rich Presence, Achievements, and Cloud Saving. Is there a beta for the UWP with Live features I could participate in or similar?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Microsoft needs to sort out some issues with UWP on the xbox one before we can continue to improve it and add features.
    So you should wait until that happens. We can't do anything to speed them along.... they are Microsoft.

At the current time the export works awesome on Windows and you could sell some apps on the Windows Store.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the W10 anniversary update, the keyboard doesn't works fine on the UWP made with CF2.5, multiple touch doesn't work (it will be working on then ext update, said Yves), Graphic fonts object is not working and show blank text... So no, the export doesn't work awesome on Windows right now.

With the lack of updates and news about this exporter, i'm stuck with my projects...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think that your,

I think it is very risky to say that the exporter goes perfect on Windows 10.

I'm still waiting for the update of the exporter!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ya thanks Microsoft for breaking things -- As you pointed out Dobermann -- Clickteam is on top of the new issues created by the Windows 10 update and the problems will be fixed.

But games that haven't used a few of the features your having a problem with run amazingly fast and well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the UWP exporter support Live features?

Jeff, I tested two of my games, Umi Force Unlimited and my new game Kikaiju Attack in Windows 10 and do not go very well. The last code has Yves and I do not know if you mean Clickteam internal testing with the exporter. If so this is good news!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast