User Tag List

Thread: Critical Bug in Install Creator (Build #45)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Critical Bug in Install Creator (Build #45)

Hello Team.
    I found old bug with outdate about 4 years. First time I tried compiling of 2GB data. Never had success even on new different Windows OS.
    Today I try compiling another different data of 4GB and found the same thing. What attempt to do is to make output files in My Documents path with Maximum File Size 900000KB. I even tried with 200000KB but it is the same. I always get error on 99% progress.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there some one to understand this error or nobody know what is happened?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Clickteam's Yves said back in December 2015 that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    The current Pro version is still limited to 2 Gb.

If you get the registered Pro version, we can send you a stable beta version that can generate 2+ Gb installers. Note: huge installers must have the "Separate data from installer" option checked in the Build tab (so you get one file with the EXE and one file with the data).
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Joshtek why not just release the Pro version with 2gb option to the registered users? I know I would love access to it as well as many others.

thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I believe because he is also working on some other issues and it will all come out at once when the next build of the product is ready to go.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking at same promises about fix on next build 10 years ago! There are many builds and no one fixed.
    http://community.clickteam.com/threads/51228-Install-Creator-compile-error-on-large-installer
    Do you give as very old working version with missing features based to latest new version? What is this limitation for?
    Please somebody to send me working version.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    active2o: Based on my previous post I expect that one needs to be a registered user of the Pro version to be eligible to get the Pro version's stable beta. You can add products which you own to your passport via http://community.clickteam.com/passport

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    >> I am looking at same promises about fix on next build 10 years ago!

We never promised a fix for the 2 Gb limitation for "the next build", as this limitation is due to the way it's designed and not a bug. This limitation can be removed in IC3 only, not in IC2. The next builds of IC2 will be always limited to 2 Gb. We promised IC3 some time ago and we're (very) late, this is true and we're sorry for this (though the current version works pretty well, except for this issue), but we didn't promise this 2 Gb limitation will be removed in IC2 at all.

We gave the beta version of IC3 mentioned by Joshtek to a few registered users, it works but was not finished and this "branch" of IC3 was dropped, we've redesigned it since. This version would need some work before it can be released officially, and can't generate 2+Gb EXE files unless you separate the data from the EXE, we prefer completing the new version of IC3 instead.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the clarification, Yves. I look forward to IC3