User Tag List

Thread: Many user's machines cannot reaching out with GET object...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many user's machines cannot reaching out with GET object...

I had a similar post a few months ago about the GET object not being able to reach out on certain machines. Well, I've actually made a few product sales lately and about 1/3 of the users are stating issues with components of my program where the GET object is required to make a very simple request to an API on my server space. They have run the software as Admin, passed it through the firewall, etc. Still, the issue persists.

What can I do about this? I am afraid I'm going to lose what little momentum I've finally been gaining with this software.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is strange. It shouldn't need a firewall rule. I will construct some tests over this weekend and report back... (are you 100% there is only GET requests?)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Odd -- I might look server side and make sure something isn't happening where they think your app is trying to do a DOS attack.

The GET is a simple http request so if their web browser can see your page its the same type of request the GET sends.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    question are you using HTTP or HTTPS as request?

also the new get have "On Error" and error value, which is very helpful to know what is responding the system or the web server, so maybe track that error and post here will allow me to give you and advise or hint.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I've got some heavy hitters jumping in and helping me out. I want to say I really do appreciate the attention to this issue. It's been causing me some stress!

The GET request is not HTTPS, though I do have that on my server so it could be. I just started implementing this stuff back before GET could handle HTTPS. HTTPS has been fully implemented now?

The GET requests are just simple URL requests, with PHP functions on the server returning certain text according to the request. I'm happy to provide examples via PM.

I have not relied on the On Error function. Perhaps I should start working with that. I could build a small test program and ask one of the locations which have run into the issue to try launching it so I could get feedback. Just let me know what to test for.

As for the server-side, I could contact the hosting company support and ask if there has been any activity being blocked. I will be the first to admit I'm no expert on these matters.

Again, thank you so much for the help guys. I am happy to share whatever you need.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many user's machines cannot reaching out with GET object...

I asked a user to run the software again with the debugger and they received error 12031. Based on my googling and the fact that this is a school network, I'm assuming th firewall is blocking the connection.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    yes is possible if the application was blocked the first time was installed, so now they must remove the rule that block the application.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...