Thread: Request help/tutorial for clickteam fusion 2.5

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Request help/tutorial for clickteam fusion 2.5

Hello Everyone,

I, like many others I suppose , bought the humble clickteam fusion bundle and am loving it.
    I'm working my way through the tutorials and after the first tutorial (chocobreak) on step 14 it says what's next.

I needs some help here

Now a lot of things one can do from there are rather intuitive and i can manage on my own. (marked green)
    But others i can't figure out and would love some help with. (marked red)

Add some music to the title page
    Add new sound effects
    Leave the level when all the bricks have been destroyed
    Create new levels with different bricks
    Assign different score values for certain bricks or levels

Have bonuses fly down at the player
    Make the player launch bullets to destroy the bricks
    Have more than one ball at the same time
    Give bonus lives for certain scores
    Code your own mouse-controlled movement etc.

Now if anyone has a nice tutorial on how to do these things i would appreciate it a lot.
    Thanks in advance

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of the fun with any creative tool is to explore its features and try things out trial and error style. Since you are just beginning it is usually a good idea not to try something too ambitious because you will most likely get overwhelmed. The suggestions in the Chocobreak tutorial are to give you small goals to aim for as you explore the menus of Fusion. The forums are a great place to get help and answers, but we generally will help with specific questions.

That said, there is no specific tutorial that covers all the suggestions you mentioned. Is there one in particular you'd like help with?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you google those things (remember to include "clickteam" in the search), you'll probably find some good tutorials for them. Certainly the bullets one, and I'd think some of the others too.

A great resource is http://www.castles-of-britain.com/index77.htm - browse through there and you might find examples/tutorials that deal with the particular things you want.

As for the bonus lives, I can't remember the Chocobreak tutorial well, but the solution would look something roughly like this:

*score > 100
    *only once when event loops
    -Add 1 to playerLives

The "only once when event loops" is there so that you only get one extra life when you hit 100 (and not a gazillion of them - a new one every time the game checks and realises that the score is still above 100). To find that, go to the "special" (the gears icon) and find the "limit conditions" dropdown

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one i really want to implement but can't figure out and google wasn't really a big help here either is:

Have bonuses fly down at the player after destroying a brick.

Thanks for the pointers so far.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you have the Humble Bundle,.you should register it. As for the bonuses, there are many ways to do this. You could do this off the score,.example.. Score equals 100 + pick one brick at random + only one action when event loops,...create bonus from brick. Another way,..have special bricks and if hit they create the bonus. A little advance way of doing it,...use an alterable value that you set to random every 00"-50 seconds and if valve equals say 7,..create the bonus. There are many examples on the site that show this in action plus many more. Do a search on the site and also go to Nivram's site here for a ton of examples: http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the bonus for bullets is recieved you could toggle a flag on on the player object. And add a condition "upon pressing space bar + flag 1 is on -----> Launch an object(bullet). Turn off the flag when you're not supposed to be able to shoot anymore :-)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you wanted to know a simple way to make the bonus fly to the player, you can set the bonus object to Bouncing Ball movement and add an event like so:

+Always
    -- Look in direction of (player object) <--- (This action is under the Direction menu of the bonus object)

This will make the bonus object always move toward the player. If you simply wanted the bonus object to fall straight down, you would just set the direction of the bonus object to down when you spawn/create it upon destroying a block.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: Figured it out. I can't believe I didn't see that.