User Tag List

Thread: aspect ratio question

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aspect ratio question

Hi guys, I am new here, happy to say that I am finally an owner of this awesome clickteam product (thanks to humbe bundle sale)

I have one question regardless of how Fusion is handling some things, since I am a GameMaker user.

How GUI elements are working in Fusion? In game maker they are working independently from active objects (sprites). In GM if I place on screen GUI element and sprite character, different aspect ratio of the screen will make character to stretch, but GUI elements will not stretch (it will float/change coordinate space instead, but it's easy to make it fixed in place with a few lines of code). So my question is, if I make android game, how to handle different android aspect ratio screens, to prevent GUI elements to be squashed or stretched?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone? Please?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome there is a lot of info around if you search a bit.

Posted some info on the fit inside and fit outside settings here:
    http://community.clickteam.com/threads/98210-Fit-Outside-not-scaling-correctly

preferably you would want the objects to keep their aspect ratio and just extend the frame area to cover the screen
    you can use the storyboard - frame variables to set objects position relative to the screen using events, f.ex set X position: X Right Frame - 64

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using 1.5 apect ration and stretch option actived.
    using this dimension:
    720x480 for low res. games
    960x640 for medium res. games
    1080x720 for high res. games
    1440x960 for very high res. games

with this dimensions you have an aspect ratio of 1.5, with this aspect ratio you have the best results in different platforms using stretch option with minimum differences.
    And you can forget of the screen size according to the platform with very good results.

Personally i'm use:
    720x480 for games with many sprites (>100) and games that need many calculations in real time.
    960x640 for games with medium number of sprites (60-80).
    1080x720 & 1440x960 for games like puzzles or similar with low number of sprites.

Normally using 1080 or 1440 screens the game can run slow in non powerfull devices, normally in low cost Android devices.

If you consider these requirements to create games for export to all platforms with little effort, you will have good results.
    It works very well for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, you helped a lot!