User Tag List

Thread: Which MMF2 series program has the power to export to J2ME?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which MMF2 series program has the power to export to J2ME?

Hello.
    I saw a game a few years ago called Javacraft (or maybe that's another Minecraft clone's name). It's for those good old Java phones like Sony Ericsson K510i, C510 and W705. The game is made in MMF2 as I could tell from the look of the rotated sprite of "Steve"'s head. MMF2 series programs have a unique rotation rendering algorithm. So basically, I found out on a forum that it's some old version of MMF2Dev which can make J2ME games. I wonder if it's outdated and if it's even possible to export for J2ME by using CTF2.5. If that export module existed, I'd definitely buy it! I've seen many Giana Sisters J2ME clones/re-textures of Super Mario; which I was tired of and I've always wanted to play a normal SMB3-like game on my phone with all Mario-like features such as growing with a mushroom, smashing blocks, flattenning Goombas, kicking Koopa shells, travelling through pipes, flying with a Tanooki suit and etc.. With the Platformer Movement Object, I believe I'll be able to create a good J2ME Mario game so that I can enjoy it as well as many who still have that Mario wish not granted.

What is the best way to get the J2ME export module?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mmm don't you have those available among the build types?

There are still (deprecated) java exporting capabilities,
    I use the dev version but I think they were included as well in standard CTF:

(i think it's the "Mobile Devices" one)

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the dev version, just the normal one. I think I'm going to buy the dev version when I get a little bit more money for the Humble Bundle $15 thing. Yes, I'm that poor. Gotta use all my money for college finances.

So what you're saying is that CTF2dev has Java for Mobile Devices? Could you please create an example game with resolution 240x320 having an active object with an 8-directional scroll movement and send me the .jar file so that I can see if it really works? I hope Jeff won't be mad at me for requesting this, but I really want to be sure before I buy.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't have time right now but unofficially speaking, yes it does work. I only did a game for Nokia last year using the Java exporter. It IS officially deprecated and unsupported by us, but left in its current state, it worked perfectly fine. There maybe bugs in it (I didn't come across any) and if there are, they won't get fixed as we no longer support it but just speaking from my scenario last year, it was hunky dory.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here you go:

java_test_app.zip

you find two builds,
    _md for mobile devices
    _app for stand alone application

You're right - I guess it's only in DEV, I've launched the standard version and there's no such option there

Oh - and keep an eye on the Humble Bundle timer as it's going to finish soon
    and I would bet it won't happen again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I don't have time right now but unofficially speaking, yes it does work. I only did a game for Nokia last year using the Java exporter. It IS officially deprecated and unsupported by us, but left in its current state, it worked perfectly fine. There maybe bugs in it (I didn't come across any) and if there are, they won't get fixed as we no longer support it but just speaking from my scenario last year, it was hunky dory.
    Too bad. Those phones were awesome. Is there at least a way to develop extensions for it? I'm thinking about adding a Bluetooth functionality. I see there's no Bluetooth object in the Extension manager of CTF2.5.