User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yan's World - Video Indie

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yan's World - Video Indie

Official Indie Experience Inside

English/日本人

Oh no, Cloudland is in trouble! The evil King Cloud has stolen all of the Cloudland dreams, and now nobody can fall asleep! It's up to On-Yan, protector of Cloudland, to journey on a quest to stop King Cloud...

やばい!クモランドランドは大変です! すべてのクラウドランドの夢が悪の王クラウドを盗んでいました、 そして誰も眠り込むできない! オン-ヤん、クラウドランドの保護者は旅をして、悪の王クラウドを止めるために...

-----------------------------

This is an retro nostalgic indie game about the color red and onions. Inspired by a lot of classic games and stuff like that. Journey through many worlds and encounter many different creatures in your quest to save the day.

This indie game is being made by:
    Me - Lead Programmer
    JaxCheese - Lead Composer (Bandcamp)
    Neweegee - Lead Pixel Artist (Deviantart)
    Blutorus - Additional Artwork
    LuigiM9/Kirby's Adventure - Additional Artwork
    Someguy - Additional Programming
    Masashi27 - Translations

Screenshots

Old Gif:

New Screenshots (the size got changed when I uploaded these so sorry about that):

Soundtrack Sampler:
    Menu Theme
    Title Theme
    Cutscene Theme

Game expected to release some time in 2017
    Follow for updates here!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks interesting! Why the color red though? It got a big straining on the eyes after a while.
    Will follow this for sure.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good! Definitely got a Kirby/Goemon/Twinbee Japanese-inspired vibe about it. You'll want to re-do that Japanese text above if you're planning to use it in any promo material. But yeah, why so red?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your are a really talented pixel artist! But I also would really replace the red with a small color palette. Maybe manage the whole game with 16 - 32 colors? That would look great with this line art

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks very good!

As for color, is there going to be some surprise like:
    http://community.clickteam.com/threads/97327-Juno-s-Darkest-Hour-(PC-Action-Adventure-Platformer)
    (greenlit btw, congrats to the author!)

or is a varied palette really out of your plans for the game?

Maybe something you wouldn't want to reveal now, so sorry for the question, in case!

If not, be prepared, people may be cautios or even dislike such choices,
    I.e. people had some moaning on Steam for above mentioned game,
    then the author revealed there was some more color after a while.
    It could be something to consider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all the support and comments so far. I understand that the game might have some eye searing problems, which is why there is an option to toggle a selection of palettes to be used in the game. There is also a little colorful bonus for beating the game, so that should stop some "moaning" a bit.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If someone doesn't like the red color (and many won't), they won't play your game for more than 10 minutes. So expecting them to beat the whole game just to get a color bonus won't work.

That would be like telling someone who hates bananas that if they eat 100 bananas you'll give them an apple. There's no way they'll agree to a deal like that. And if they did, they'd resent you forever

My advice is to listen to the moaners and rethink your color philosophy.

The graphics look nice.... I think. I'm not sure because they're dark, hard to see, and covered in an angry monochrome that has a negative emotional effect on me

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Volnaiskra made me come up with an idea: Start every level grayscale and recolor the game world while playing (depending on a mechanic that still has to be decided)

I won´t eat 100 banasas to get an apple too, but maybe one or two!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    If someone doesn't like the red color (and many won't), they won't play your game for more than 10 minutes. So expecting them to beat the whole game just to get a color bonus won't work.

That would be like telling someone who hates bananas that if they eat 100 bananas you'll give them an apple. There's no way they'll agree to a deal like that. And if they did, they'd resent you forever

My advice is to listen to the moaners and rethink your color philosophy.

The graphics look nice.... I think. I'm not sure because they're dark, hard to see, and covered in an angry monochrome that has a negative emotional effect on me
    You start off with two alternate palettes so you can play the game in it's entirety without the color red.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Corny, would you care to maybe show off a few screenshots of the alternate color palettes, to hopefully stop the complaints about the palette? Possibly show the palette selection menu while you're at it, to demonstrate that the game does, in fact, still have the red palette as well.

Looks like it could be a fun game, and the option to change the palette could be an eye-saver for some/most players.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast