User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spreading the word about bundle: Mass RPS/Kotaku campaign

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spreading the word about bundle: Mass RPS/Kotaku campaign

If you want Clickteam to succeed with the bundle, please send this text to Kotaku/RPS:

Update: RPS wrote about it. Thank to anyone who mailed them. It isn't ideal, because it isn't completely about Clickteam deal, but we can't do anything about that now. Now our sights are purely on Kotaku.

Dear [site name],

It greatly saddens me that you, to this day, haven't written about Humble Clickteam Bundle. You've, quite obviously, wrote about Game Maker one, but where is the post about Clickteam Fusion bundle? I'll tell you: Nowhere!

It's not like Clickteam is new company either, they've had game creation suite that is superior to GM... back in 1994. And earlier they've (maybe not as Clickteam yet, but founders of it were involved) have worked on AWESOME STOS for Atari ST and AMOS for Amiga.

So you know, they're really experienced and know what they're doing.

Going back to the Clickteam Fusion, it's a great suite. You can make your game in mere minutes, both thanks to its awesome Event Editor and thanks to their sound, music and graphics libraries!

Let's face it: Coding is for nerds. And you absolutely HAVE to code, despite what YoYo claims in their (false) marketing material to do anything good with GM. Not so in the Clickteam Fusion.

Making games with it is so easy that even 3yo could do it and, thanks to its design, unlike with other game creation platforms making a great game with CF is actually EASIER than making a crappy one.

So again, why haven't you done an article about Humble Clickteam Fusion Bundle yet? It's only 7 days left and you can have standard version for just $1 while having best one for just $15. C'mon.

- [your name]
    Of course replacing the "fields" with appropriate things. That should get their attention so they finally write about this stuff.

RPS e-mail: contact@rockpapershotgun.com
    Kotaku e-mail: tips@kotaku.com

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow!
    Thank you so much for helping to spread the word like this.
    It really means alot to us!

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can help too, by sending an official e-mail to RPS/Kotaku. Frankly I think it would work out even better.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might want to correct some of the grammar first.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a native speaker. Could you please point out some of the errors I've made so I can get better?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure I edited for grammar and a little content to make it sound less like an attack:

Dear [site name],

It greatly saddens me that you, to this day, haven't written about the Humble Clickteam Bundle. You've written about the Game Maker bundle, but where is the post about the Clickteam Fusion bundle?

It's not like Clickteam is a new company either. They've had game creation suites since 1994. And earlier still they (maybe not as Clickteam yet, but the founders of it were involved) had worked on the awesome STOS for Atari ST and AMOS for Amiga.

They are really experienced and know what they're doing.

Going back to Clickteam Fusion, it's a great suite. You can make your game in mere minutes, thanks to its awesome Event Editor, sound, music and graphics libraries!

Let's face it: Coding is for nerds. And you absolutely HAVE to code, despite what YoYo claims in their (false) marketing materials, to do anything good with Game Maker. Not so in Clickteam Fusion.

Making games with it is so easy that even a 3 year old could do it. And, thanks to its design, unlike with other game creation platforms making a great game with CF is actually EASIER than making a crappy one.

So again, why haven't you done an article about the Humble Clickteam Fusion Bundle yet? THere are only 7 days left and you can buy the standard version for just $1 while having best one (with almost all the exporters) for just $15. C'mon.

- [your name]

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh, isn't the bundle ending in few hours?
    Will it last 7 extra days?

I've posted something around, logged to forums I wasn't member before, and commented under blog articles like "best game making engine" kinda things etc.
    (where possible -- i.e. IGN forums doesn't allow such "commercials", unless -I guess- you want to fire a thread, gather some attention, and be fired shortly after )
    trying being not too "sponsory" to make people think I had a direct interest in this.. or this could have given the opposite result.
    This is something I never did before, but I felt compelled this time, really think Fusion is something special and happy to support, hopefully.

Also hope current Humble figures are considered a success by CT,
    and this will sky-rocket Fusion3 to next generation of indie gaming and app-creation

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhog View Post
    I'm not a native speaker. Could you please point out some of the errors I've made so I can get better?
    Well saying 'coding is for nerds' is probably going to rub some of us the wrong way for starters lol.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iin general, the idea was good, but the execution is probably sounds more like an internet forum attack than a well reasoned critique of kotaku's article selection process. :P

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kotaku has an article selection process?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast