User Tag List

Thread: Can't build iOS games after updating iPhone to ios10

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't build iOS games after updating iPhone to ios10

I updated my iPhone 6 yesterday and now I can't build games on it anymore.
    Any know how this can be fixed.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try to send the IPA file by testfairy.com

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    To building iOS 10 you need Xcode 8, please read Xcode 8 release at Apple sibce you will not beable to building 6 anymore, well according Apple iOS 7.x & 6.x are only 3% now

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I updated my Mac to Sierra and Xcode from 7 to 8,it took around 7 hours.
    I still had the same problem,but it turned out that I kept clicking build instead of run.Dumb mistake I know.

I was able to build my old Xcode projects,but not any new ones I built from fusion after that.It told me that I had to be an Apple developer to use ads even though I wasn't using any ads and that there were missing profiles.
    I enrolled into the Apple developer program since I'm planning to have an app out by the end of the month and that fixed everything,BUT when using my app on my iPhone (With iOS10) when I tried to access the camera roll with the active picture the game crashed.

My game can only be played my using photos from the camera roll so this could be devastating to my game,but before I panic I looked in the Xcode debugger and it said that I needed NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription or else the game will exit.After doing some research I found out that iPhones with iOS10 must have the NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key in the plist with a reason for using the photo,I opened up my project plist file (Which is in the unzipped iOS folder.) and clicked the plus sign to add NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription and this as a reason- "Advertisement would like to store a photo.".

Now everything works fine.

Here are some info links-
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...w/HIXR0kjUAgAJ
    https://developer.apple.com/library/...P40009251-SW17

Fernando-
    In a future update to fusion, could you change it so that if you use the active picture to access the camera roll the Xcode plist will include the NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription and a reason for it.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Apple now requires a forced dialogue when trying to access the photo library (or camera for that matter). User must explicitly give permission for this.

I guess Fernando needs to implement this if not already implemented?