User Tag List

Thread: Clickteam Fusion 2.5 - Platform collision issue (Player floats?)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 - Platform collision issue (Player floats?)

Hi all, I bought the Clickteam Fusion 2.5 humble bundle pack few days ago, and I'm currently learning bit by bit on how to use it

However, I have a bit of issue right now. When the player tries to jump over a platform, he floats through the platform... I've tried searching through any tutorial that could help but I can't really find any.

I've uploaded an unlisted video on the problem here. Here's another screenshot.

If it's not clear enough, I can give more info. Thanks in advance!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Check the hot spot on the image.

I bet that is it -- Sometimes its also more handy to upload an MFA demonstrating the problem.
    Helps people to help you faster as you learn.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip! Here's the mfa file

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Fusion!
    Here - I made a slightly different example for you:
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the example Wodjanoi!! I'm currently studying through it This is a lot to learn from!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again, I managed to groom through my mmf file again, it's almost working, there's no more floating through platforms now, but...

Player is now able to jump through platforms, but he isn't able to stay on it (falls right down through), but if he jumps AND move, he can stay on it. Was wondering how do I make him stay on the platform once he jumps through it?

file here

Thanks again!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try:

(PMO)Test for obstacle overlap
    (PMO)Object is falling
    Player is overlapping Active
    Y position of Player <= Y Top( "Active" ) + 1

(PMO)Selected object overlaps an obstacle

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Chikoness, your file is now correct yet you should've gone back to setting your object to a square active, I just tested it and that's all you need. The reason your character falls through the platform again is because your rabbit character doesn't have a flat bottom (ha ha now that's funny). Here's the fix:Platform.mfa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all so much for the fixes and suggestions! aenever, ur fix is amazing! I've learnt something new today